Micro SDHC card

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by norlane, Dec 23, 2009.

Dec 23, 2009

Micro SDHC card by norlane at 9:39 AM (889 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. norlane
    OP

Newcomer norlane Member

Australia
    http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp
    R4i Cart (nds cartridge) SDHC Revolution for DS

got this Cart for my nds and a PNY 4 gig micro sdhc card it take a long time to save a game
    so i put my kingston 4 gig sdhc card in and it saved the games and worked fast.

the pny cards i have 2 is so slow it must have issues but looks like quality life time warranty etc.

what should i do with it.

have used the panasonic formatter also cart has the yellow V1.4 on front newer version

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    try reformatting it with panasonic formatter,also use YSMenu+1.17a12 firmware see if it's faster(it is btw.)

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Some brands are just better than others... Kingston and Sandisk are good
    I haven't heard much good about PNY and Transcend, so it's probably est to stay away from them.
    Also, counterfeit MicroSD cards are almost always shit so buy from reputable sources.

4. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    They also make SDHC cards that have different IO speeds usually referred to as "classes." A class 6 card is generally better than a class 4. Most companies don't print the class on the card anymore.

PNY has been in the memory business for a long time. They only recently started making solid state flash cards, but they have been making RAM for ever.

5. h8isgr8

Member h8isgr8 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Don't get caught up in the class number of the card. The class only defines the minimum write speed; it has nothing to do with read speeds,

I have a 4GB "Class 4" card that creates saves and loads game painfully slow. I also have a 2GB "Class 2" card that is lightning fast.

Even though the class 2 card benchmarks a slightly lower write speed (~5MB/s vs ~6MB/s), it has a much higher read speed. The class 2 reads at ~17MB/s and the class 4 only reads at ~11MB/s.

6. norlane
    OP

Newcomer norlane Member

Australia
    it appears the kingston is fast when i used it same setup thankx