Hacking Micro sd holder

punkbuddy89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there is anything out there like a micro sd card holder for slot 2 of a nds lite? i could just use a slot 2 flash cart as storage to keep an extra micro sd card, but i would rather not have to buy an actual flash cart just to do that, cause i have not intention of using it. i have a supercard ds2 and i have a 6 gig and 4 gig micro sd card. im just looking for a place to store my extra card when im not using it. so basically i just want a slot two cover, with 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 micro sd slots. that would be awesome. it wouldnt have to do anything except hold them and be flush with the system so nothing is sticking out.

right now ive fashioned a little pocket out of electrical tape and stuck it in the top right corner of my top ds screen. it works fine and doesnt keep the ds from closing or anything, but its a little tacky. haha

IMG_0098.jpg

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ill be interested in one too
i want to store my extra 4gig microsd with all the homebrew and songs and movies on it while my 8gig with all my games
it will give me more room for games

Cyeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
wait i can sell you a broken 3in1 its in perfect condition but your cant make it work. $1 us pm me

Kwigg

Trophies
Website
Don't have one
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
a broken slot 2 lite cartridge is prefect for this

anyone have a broken slot 2 flashcart? (not 3 in1 because they dont have a microsd slot)
Or just find a crappy GBA game, take out its innards, put in a gap so the microSD don't fall out the socket where it plugs in, pull it in half and put in your microSD

punkbuddy89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since it doesnt seem like there is a place that would make these, i might as well go a head and have some wishful thinking. what i would really really like is a micro sd usb adapter disguised as a slot two cover, that way i would have everything i need right there in my ds. i could just pop out the cover and my extra micro sd would be in it, and id just pop it into a computer anywhere and i wouldnt have to be carrying a bunch of extra stuff in my pockets cause everything would be right on my ds and i would look natural. in a perfect world i guess. haha

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
punkbuddy89 said:
since it doesnt seem like there is a place that would make these, i might as well go a head and have some wishful thinking. what i would really really like is a micro sd usb adapter disguised as a slot two cover, that way i would have everything i need right there in my ds. i could just pop out the cover and my extra micro sd would be in it, and id just pop it into a computer anywhere and i wouldnt have to be carrying a bunch of extra stuff in my pockets cause everything would be right on my ds and i would look natural. in a perfect world i guess. haha
thats actually a pretty good idea

too bad its hard to make
i just might try to make one when i have time
you need a microsd usb adapter and a slot 2 cover
i might just try

punkbuddy89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if I can find my slot 2 cover I was planning on seeing what I could do. If you make one, you should post instructions or name a price and that would be awesome.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
punkbuddy89 said:
Yeah if I can find my slot 2 cover I was planning on seeing what I could do. If you make one, you should post instructions or name a price and that would be awesome.
i have not time for it now

i might do it over the summer or march break

ill have to order a sd card reader and another slot 2 from a store
then ill try

but not now

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one of these with the last msd I purchased from eBay....
Micro_SD_T-Flash_Card_Reader_image11024.jpg

You can attach it right to any ds phat/lite/i via the lanyard hole. And, its a msd to usb adapter! FTW!

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
mechadylan said:

You can attach it right to any ds phat/lite/i via the lanyard hole. And, its a msd to usb adapter! FTW!
whoa thats awesome
i want one

where do u get it? link to ebay

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmm..if you still got the old slot 2 cover you might be able to make such a "pocket" out of electrical tape in it.
would be quite a bit tricky, and it might not fit in the dsl at all, but it's worth the try

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
mechadylan said:

whoa thats awesome
i want one

where do u get it? link to ebay
I think the person that I bought the msds from just threw them in. They weren't pictured, it just said micro sd with usb adapter. The ones that I got are blue, but they have the metroPCS logo (I suspect that they came with a cell.)

Here's a similar item on eBay for $3...and in black. OOooohhhh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-CARD-READER-ADAPTE...=item4aa7621245

severed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZ FLASH 4 is a Slot-2 device with it own SD slot.

U said u have supercard? cant u just get a bigger SD card instead of throwing away money on a "SD Slot HOLDER" that you arent going to actually use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk