Hacking Micro SD Card - Updated to 4.2...card stopped working

cash311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 4.2 and was proceeding to softmod. I've always used a 2 gb Sandisk micro SD with an SD adapter and have softmodded my wii. I update to 4.2 and proceed to clean out the Nintend0 junk. Jam the card in the Wii and now I get the error, "The device inserted into the SD card slot cannot be used."

The SD adapter write protection is unlocked. I've reformatted several times to FAT 32. I have a 1 gb SD card that reads fine but I don't have a way to stick it in my computer. Usually use microSD-->USB adapter.

cash311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should format the 2 gb to FAT16?

The 1 gb is a plain SD card that works on the wii but I don't have a way to read SD cards on my computer. I have the little usb...thumb drive looking thing that accepts micro SD cards.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cash311 said:
I should format the 2 gb to FAT16?

The 1 gb is a plain SD card that works on the wii but I don't have a way to read SD cards on my computer. I have the little usb...thumb drive looking thing that accepts micro SD cards.
then i guess the 2gb is the class of for cameras?yes 2gb and below should be FAT/16

cash311

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what is wrong. I formatted FAT 16 and still have the same problem. I found another 2 gb MicroSD and tried taht and now it seems to work fine. By the way it is formmated FAT 32.

Seems to be no fix for this one. I appreciate the quick response and help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL