Micro SD Card - Updated to 4.2...card stopped working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cash311, Jan 3, 2010.

1. cash311
    OP

Newcomer cash311 Newbie

United States
    I updated to 4.2 and was proceeding to softmod. I've always used a 2 gb Sandisk micro SD with an SD adapter and have softmodded my wii. I update to 4.2 and proceed to clean out the Nintend0 junk. Jam the card in the Wii and now I get the error, "The device inserted into the SD card slot cannot be used."

The SD adapter write protection is unlocked. I've reformatted several times to FAT 32. I have a 1 gb SD card that reads fine but I don't have a way to stick it in my computer. Usually use microSD-->USB adapter.

2. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    2gb and below should be FAT formatted i believe,also the 1gb sd card doesn't fit in the SD adapter?

3. cash311
    OP

Newcomer cash311 Newbie

United States
    I should format the 2 gb to FAT16?

The 1 gb is a plain SD card that works on the wii but I don't have a way to read SD cards on my computer. I have the little usb...thumb drive looking thing that accepts micro SD cards.

4. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    then i guess the 2gb is the class of for cameras?yes 2gb and below should be FAT/16

5. cash311
    OP

Newcomer cash311 Newbie

United States
    Not sure what is wrong. I formatted FAT 16 and still have the same problem. I found another 2 gb MicroSD and tried taht and now it seems to work fine. By the way it is formmated FAT 32.

Seems to be no fix for this one. I appreciate the quick response and help!