Micro SD Card - Updated to 4.2...card stopped working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cash311, Jan 3, 2010.

1. cash311
    OP

cash311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2009
    United States
    I updated to 4.2 and was proceeding to softmod. I've always used a 2 gb Sandisk micro SD with an SD adapter and have softmodded my wii. I update to 4.2 and proceed to clean out the Nintend0 junk. Jam the card in the Wii and now I get the error, "The device inserted into the SD card slot cannot be used."

The SD adapter write protection is unlocked. I've reformatted several times to FAT 32. I have a 1 gb SD card that reads fine but I don't have a way to stick it in my computer. Usually use microSD-->USB adapter.

2. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    2gb and below should be FAT formatted i believe,also the 1gb sd card doesn't fit in the SD adapter?

3. cash311
    OP

cash311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2009
    United States
    I should format the 2 gb to FAT16?

The 1 gb is a plain SD card that works on the wii but I don't have a way to read SD cards on my computer. I have the little usb...thumb drive looking thing that accepts micro SD cards.

4. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    then i guess the 2gb is the class of for cameras?yes 2gb and below should be FAT/16

5. cash311
    OP

cash311 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2009
    United States
    Not sure what is wrong. I formatted FAT 16 and still have the same problem. I found another 2 gb MicroSD and tried taht and now it seems to work fine. By the way it is formmated FAT 32.

Seems to be no fix for this one. I appreciate the quick response and help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice