Michel Ancel stops working on video games

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,129
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Likes Likes 6

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Joined
Oct 27, 2002
Messages
23,745
Solutions
14
Reaction score
13,765
Trophies
4
Age
48
Location
Engine room, learning
XP
15,724
Country
France
Last edited by Cyan,
That's just too bad :( I didn't even know that Beyond Good and Evil 2 was still being developed... I thought it had gone into development hell... I hope that Michel Ancel's departure doesn't mean to Beyond Good and Evil 2 whatever it is that Matthew Armstrong's departure from Gearbox meant to Borderlands 3 :unsure:
 
Recently started to play Beyond good and Evil, I had to stop cauz UcantPlay client won't download anything from server!
Honestly Ubisoft with such shitty client should rather pay ME to use their service...
 
  • Like
Reactions: WexMajor
Recently started to play Beyond good and Evil, I had to stop cauz UcantPlay client won't download anything from server!
Honestly Ubisoft with such shitty client should rather pay ME to use their service...

What does Ubisoft client got to do with this developer?

did he develop the client?
 
Last edited by Flame,
  • Like
Reactions: WexMajor
What does Ubisoft client got to do with this developer?

did he develop the client?
nope, i wished to catch up Beyond good&evel's plot before the sequel, i own the game on Uplay but whatever i wanted to install, the UcantPlay client refuses to download and it's always at 0%.
 
i wished to catch up Beyond good&evel's plot before the sequel
Actually, it'll be a prequel.

I also didn't play that game yet, and hope there will be a PS3 port to PS5 (as a surprise along with bg&e2).
or at least a way to play the PS3 remake on PS4/PS5 (it's not even on PSNow!).
 
Last edited by Cyan,
Actually, it'll be a prequel.

I also didn't play that game yet, and hope there will be a PS3 port to PS5 (as a surprise along with bg&e2).
or at least a way to play the PS3 remake on PS4/PS5 (it's not even on PSNow!).
JUST PLAY IT! later I resolved the problem by having another PC to download the game then transferred to my rig and it worked!

Unfortunately the pc one wasn't designed to run on modern OS, it's very broken: the graphic is 4:3 only, game engine supports uncapped FPS but it runs slowly at 20-30, and there's no way to configure controller's right analog's sensitivity (essential for photographer mode).

B&E has HD port for x360/ps3, i later got it for ps3 or u rather play it on Virtual machine.
 
Last edited by leon315,
I don't play on PC, and don't have any games not gaming plateform (steam/etc.) exactly for the reason you mentioned ! (you spend more time fixing your setup than actually playing)
I play only on console, I do have the HD remake on PS+ but no PS3, I hoped PS5 would be compatible with "all your already owned PS+ games" but nope, false advertising from Sony.
I could try to play it on GC emulator, but would prefer the HD remake. or just wait for the release of the game on PS5 and pray for the included HD remake to be included :D
 
Last edited by Cyan,
What does Ubisoft client got to do with this developer?

did he develop the client?

Very interesting observation... Unfortunately, more often than not, is the case in which a player doesn't even realize that there's a great game tailored just for him/her, just sitting there beyond the curtains of a client or a game store that failed to represent the true spirit and nature of the developers within.... kinda like when you miss a great movie when they hire the wrong guy to edit the trailer :wink:
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted