Homebrew MHX cia file not loading

BraveThisStorm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short. Friend hacked my friends and I's 3ds with cakescfw. I can play MHX without any problems on N3DS. The friend who hacked ours, said he ran MHX np before returning my other friends 3ds back to him. 3DS XL. Friend tries to load MHX, it loads and pops up, "An error has occurred." Then says power down system and try again. I've gone through asking the hacker, having friend uninstall and reinstall the game several times and ways and to no avail. Anyone have any tips? Tried downloading the cia file several times from comp to sdcard(32gb) and not working. Couple games seem to work.

Thank you in advance.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I thInk cia file corrupted. something wrong or sd cafd has problem.

backup all the contents to your computer. then format sd card and try again. of course refresh cia file too.

BraveThisStorm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thInk cia file corrupted. something wrong or sd cafd has problem.

backup all the contents to your computer. then format sd card and try again. of course refresh cia file too.

Would I need to get his 3ds hacked again if I formatted the sd card? Or just transferring the files would be fine? We've tried getting a new cia file and even one with a lower eng patch applied to it, but no go. Quite the newbie at this.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't monster hunter X only available for the N3ds? That's probably why it won't work on you're friends 3ds if he's got the older version.......

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it is supposed to work on Old 3DS (it works on mine).
But if he hacked with Cakes and used a non RF cia, maybe he's having problem with the region lock ?

Vladimir15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Coukd it be a fake/hacked sd card. Alot floating about on ebay and various other sites. I had a similar issue no games would load turns out after testing the card with h2testw application on pc my 32gb was actually a 4gb and the data was corrupted

Reactions: AmandaRose

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coukd it be a fake/hacked sd card. Alot floating about on ebay and various other sites. I had a similar issue no games would load turns out after testing the card with h2testw application on pc my 32gb was actually a 4gb and the data was corrupted
That's why I never by sd cards off ebay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1