ROM Hack RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

alertipo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed what you said but still have the same error as before.

Here's what i did:

1) open 3ds MHXX save (System)
2) find my name (starts at offset 6746)
3) copy the next 11D088 blocks (starting from 6746)
4) open Switch MHUG save (System)
5) start at offset 6746, overwrite the next 11D088 blocks of data
6) save and restore using Checkpoint.

Did I miss something?

So instead of step 5, I search for the first instance of user_name in the MHGU file and replace the next 11D088 blocks of data. The reason why I want to try that is b/c at offset 6746 it's all 00s in the MHGU save.

I was able to get slightly farther before it craps out with the same error (actually gets to the MHGU screen).

ZeroPoppit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some tinkering since I was trying to add my old MHG save to the MHGU save that had the DLC already downloaded. I'm sure theres an easier way to do this but I finally got it to work.
I transfered my save from MHG > MHX and then imported it into MHXX on my 3ds.
Then I loaded up the blank DLC save in MHGU (switch) and started a character to have a new character slot.
When I did Ericjwg's method, my game was still crashing. So instead of pasting the 11d088 length block to the same offset, I did a search in my MHGU save and pasted it to the first instance of my new characters name.
Got into game with my 3ds character with the new DLC working so Im pretty happy.

Reactions: Sonansune

alertipo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some tinkering since I was trying to add my old MHG save to the MHGU save that had the DLC already downloaded. I'm sure theres an easier way to do this but I finally got it to work.
Then I loaded up the blank DLC save in MHGU (switch) and started a character to have a new character slot.
When I did Ericjwg's method, my game was still crashing. So instead of pasting the 11d088 length block to the same offset, I did a search in my MHGU save and pasted it to the first instance of my new characters name.
Got into game with my 3ds character with the new DLC working so Im pretty happy.

Hmm... that's in effect what I did but it still crashes...

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I followed what you said but still have the same error as before.

Here's what i did:

1) open 3ds MHXX save (System)
2) find my name (starts at offset 6746)
3) copy the next 11D088 blocks (starting from 6746)
4) open Switch MHUG save (System)
5) start at offset 6746, overwrite the next 11D088 blocks of data
6) save and restore using Checkpoint.

Did I miss something?
u didnt follow my guide. mhgu offset cant be the same as mhxx. u cant do the same 6746 for mhgu. u gota locate the player slot too.

Edit: indeed. I made mistake in my post. It's should be the same as above temper said. Probably it's late night confusion yesterday , messed up mind lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sry for my mis describe the process, I didn't mean what I typed...

Last edited by Sonansune,

alertipo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u didnt follow my guide. mhgu offset cant be the same as mhxx. u cant do the same 6746 for mhgu. u gota locate the player slot too.

Edit: indeed. I made mistake in my post. It's should be the same as above temper said. Probably it's late night confusion yesterday , messed up mind lol

No worries! Yeah I figured out what you meant as well - but then the game was corrupted so that took me another 6 hrs to figure that part out!

In any case, I am able to see that 11D088 is probably the right length of block to copy - total length for each slot is 11F8C4, it's mostly shout outs, etc. after 11D088)

However, it still crashes when I tried to hit continue. I am able to get a glimpse of the character screen by making a new character, and unfortunately it shows 0 hr, 0 z, and 0 hours, which suggests that at least for me, the HR, $$, play time offset is different b/w my 3DS save and my Switch save.

My original 3ds save wasn't modified in any unnatural way, btw.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country

Sry for my mis describe the process, I didn't mean what I typed...
I tried your method but I get a crash when running the save, i grabbed a blank save with the same name Anel, copy the block from the 3ds mhxx(also tried with the switch), with the 3ds got a crash and with the switch got a non valid character

Tsebe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone that got the save editor working add my items from xx to gu? i attached my most recent save and the itembox on the rar file.Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Tsebe save switch.rar
    237 KB · Views: 173

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried your method but I get a crash when running the save, i grabbed a blank save with the same name Anel, copy the block from the 3ds mhxx(also tried with the switch), with the 3ds got a crash and with the switch got a non valid character
weird. others and myself both get it done...

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
weird. others and myself both get it done...
To get the method straight, I use my 3ds mhxx save, first I must delete the dlc like a user told before or get a black screen, that save works with the convert function in the save manager, but I want to fix the shouts so I want to transfer the slots, the thing is when you remove the dlc from mhxx the offset for the first time the name is mentioned changes, but still if I do the process where the first instance of the name is the game wont recognize the save

maybe if you could try and tell me what am I doing wrong

Attachments

• switch empty.zip
    257 KB · Views: 218
  • 3ds ready to transfer.zip
    316.1 KB · Views: 173

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To get the method straight, I use my 3ds mhxx save, first I must delete the dlc like a user told before or get a black screen, that save works with the convert function in the save manager, but I want to fix the shouts so I want to transfer the slots, the thing is when you remove the dlc from mhxx the offset for the first time the name is mentioned changes, but still if I do the process where the first instance of the name is the game wont recognize the save

maybe if you could try and tell me what am I doing wrong
why bother? extract the player slot from mhxx.
replace the genuine mhgu slot.
user slot doesnt cantain dlc

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone upload their working MHGU save file for the switch here preferably 100% complete or with like max items please.

lol0909

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello and thanks for you work and i would like to ask if someone has an file of an item box with all the items
*edit*
just got it form someoneon this thread i dont rember who but thanks!And sorry if im being greedy but if someone can get a palico with the best abilities file i would love to and a equip box file (one that i got from here makes my game crashes when i go to talismans) too i would be thankful

Last edited by lol0909,

abk14459

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thanks for you work and i would like to ask if someone has an file of an item box with all the items
*edit*
just got it form someoneon this thread i dont rember who but thanks!And sorry if im being greedy but if someone can get a palico with the best abilities file i would love to and a equip box file (one that i got from here makes my game crashes when i go to talismans) too i would be thankful
Can you p.m me the file too please? And what does it have? Thanks

BoltAscendent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I've had some really annoying issues. If need be, I can post up the involved files.

I have had nothing but failures, and strange ones at that, following the steps. I have either crashed at the start, or had it not recognize my character to start with. My 3DS MHXX save was played with an english soft patch, and is version 1.2.0. My MHGU save can be read by the save manager when extracted, so it seems to be working there. Checkpoint has not seemed to do things quite right. I had some problems with the saves extracted after uploading being cut short, and it seems to crash after I safe in game, with the crash on start.

I have tried the editor, using my own save, using the posted save at the start, manually copy-pasting via hex editor, and more. Currently, I've actually ended up with no functional save at all, so I'd, hopefully understandably, like some help.

yanhaot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the guides and tips!

I made a fresh save on my CFW 3DS for MHG and edited it to get tons of consumables and perfect charms, then sent the save file to my non-CFW Switch using the transfer app and am playing my legit copy of MHGU with no problems!

Previously, I did get greedy halfway and tried to get perfect palicos which constantly crashed the game, so I deleted them. TBH it doesn't matter, you can just get gaijinhunter's palicos if you ask nicely in his discord channel.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. Does the Save Editor work with a non 3DS converted save, standard Switch save? Also, does anyone have a Switch save near beginning of game with all Items or Equipment? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought