RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Entoptical Aug 19, 2018.

1. Entoptical
    OP

Entoptical Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Yeah should work. You can post your save today and I can test it tonight. Also post your original mhxx save in case

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This happened when I tried too. Not sure what mhgu doesn't like about it sorry :( my suggestion is to use another save from here. In most cases you can export then import items/palicos

Last edited by Entoptical, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Raymondtankw

Raymondtankw Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi Entoptical,

Thanks for giving it a try.
    Actually I would like to find out how to import equipments to the MHGenU saved file.
    I have tried to export equipments from MHXX saved file and then import into the MHGenU saved file using your editor.
    But the equipments dont appear.

3. HolyBash

HolyBash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Can someone help me im a bit confused on this

4. pfcacklefanny

pfcacklefanny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    Thank you!

I packed together the original MHXX Save from my switch, the 3DS converted save, and then the "MHGU compatible" conversion. They're named "MHXX", "3DS", and "MHGU" so you'll know which is which.

Attached Files:

5. HolyBash

HolyBash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Nvm cant even do it my switch isnt even able to get modded

6. Entoptical
    OP

Entoptical Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    here is your converted save. but it wont load. i tried removing some of your dlc stuff but it doesnt work yet.

Attached Files:

7. yohuchiha

yohuchiha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Switch and a 3DS hacked.

8. Raymondtankw

Raymondtankw Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi Entoptical,

I wonder if there is any risk of switch being banned for playing modified saved files online?

9. yohuchiha

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Since the game has already been released, I believe none. The Save is inside the Switch, it is not possible for them to check all the Saves used.
    But if you have a Haked Switch, I suggest you take the whole step offline.

I'm having some trouble to find some items. The regular search is not working very well. And some items are with a wrong translation. Like Viscous Dragon Blood. Will be any update for this tool? Game was release today. Is there any data mine ?

10. WilliamWrath

WilliamWrath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    Somehow I edited my save where it corrupted the game itself.

Reinstalled game, works fine. No big deal but just an fyi that it can happen...

Last edited by WilliamWrath, Aug 28, 2018
  11. Raymondtankw

Raymondtankw Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2016
    Senegal
    Hi William,

Do you mind sharing what you have edited?
    I might be able to get some clue on what to look out for.

12. WilliamWrath

WilliamWrath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    I think it may have been a 3 slot talisman that I put 3 jems in that each one took up 3 slots.

13. Mandikiri

Mandikiri Princess

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Rainbow Land
    Anyone happen to have a file that has all of the equipment or items?

Supreme23 and 133mhz like this.
  14. The_Wb

The_Wb Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    Belarus
    Converted a couple of saves to GU, but all suffered from black screen :/ Tried to remove all dlc items, all transmogs, even deleted guild cards. Gonna attempt a few more things, but I'm starting to doubt it's actually DLC items affecting it (unless it's the prescence of DLC quest in itself or their completion markers)

15. Toxxysko

Toxxysko Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Malaysia
    Is it possible using the import function to only import items to certain slots (example: 1-100) of the item box and leave the rest untouched? I really kinda want to just use the import item box function to reload consumables, ammo, and field crafting items and farm monster parts myself.

16. JazzCat.CL

JazzCat.CL GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Chile
    how can i MHXX switch to MHGU?

17. yohuchiha

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Just open the file on editor (XX) save it. It will ask for a MHGU exemple (Export from your Switch). Put the MHGU file as an exemple and the tool will convert your XX to GenU.
    Replace de GenU file on Switch w/ where you did the backup and restore it.

I haven't noticed the file like this. But, I got almost all armors X on lvl 15 (And Clear Village)
    If I'm not wrong, the number of slots in the game does not allow all armor or intes in the box. It would lack storage space. (On X and Gen 3DS have this problem)
    They increased the storage of this game, but I do not know if it's still enough.

Attached Files:

Supreme23 likes this.
  18. The_Wb

The_Wb Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    Belarus
    Transfered my Gen file through capcom's tool into GU and then imported all items, equipment and cats from xx savefile
    Good news: everything works fine, you can no problem have whatever items and equip at hr8 (so long as they're coded within the game)
    Bad news: it seems like black screen at launch is affected by something else entirely

19. chrisisx

chrisisx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Singapore
    Singapore
    I did this as well from my hack 3ds. I am just worry if this can cause BAN since most of my items are in 99. I bought a MHGU cartridge just to be able to play online.

20. Desilioth

Desilioth Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I ported my MHGen character to MHGenU and then used JSKV on my homebrewed switch to savefile dump my GenU save. The editor seems to be working fine for editing GenU saves so this is great news! Does anyone happen to have an import equip box file, or know if there is one archived somewhere?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted