RELEASE MHGU Save Editor

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by Entoptical, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Mandikiri

Mandikiri Princess

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Rainbow Land
    By X do you mean most of the armors of X/G? Or the ones from XX/GU?

2. pfcacklefanny

pfcacklefanny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    Do you think it might help, if I went through and deleted all the DLC quests in MHXX and then tried again? I can't open the file you sent back, I just get a message saying "Invalid Save Format" :(

3. pfcacklefanny

pfcacklefanny Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2017
    United States
    Nevermind, I can open stuff, my bad for using the wrong editor. If anything I'll try importing my equipment/items, I can stand to do the quests again as long as I don't have to grind out all that stuff

Edit: I also sent along the 3DS converted save with all the DLC items I know of removed. Would you be cool seeing if that one works?

Could DLC Palicoes be part of why folks are getting black screens?

Attached Files:

• 3ds.rar
      File size:
      611.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by pfcacklefanny, Aug 28, 2018
  4. yohuchiha

yohuchiha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Yep.
    A lot of purple and some orange and pink armors.

5. Mandikiri

Mandikiri Princess

Feb 11, 2016
    United States
    Rainbow Land
    So not the ones from XX or GU, correct?

6. Toxxysko

Toxxysko Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Malaysia
    Feature Request:

The ability to import items to specific pages of the item box. Sometimes I just want to reload consumables and ammo only, and leave my materials alone.

7. yohuchiha

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-28 at 22.03.38 (1). WhatsApp Image 2018-08-28 at 22.03.38 (2). WhatsApp Image 2018-08-28 at 22.03.38.

Mandikiri likes this.
  8. HolyBash

HolyBash Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2016
    United States
    Do u need a modified switch in order to do this couldnt we just use the converted save onto the switch since there is no ext data or save data?

9. LitEmerald

LitEmerald Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United States
    How long does it take for the save editor to load your save?

10. yohuchiha

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Seconds.

Colse the loading prompt and start using the editor.

11. Toxxysko

Toxxysko Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Malaysia
    Hello.

This should be every combination ingredient and combination result except alchemy barrel items and whatever the hell a stygian worm is. (It's not in the editor)

https://pastebin.com/Ya7qMW58

12. Jigoku12

Jigoku12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If i only have a save for MHGU on switch would i be able to use this editor to edit my save just by extracting my save and opening it in this editor? Or would i have to wait for a dedicated MHGU Save file editor

Supreme23 likes this.
  13. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I would like to know this also.

Supreme23 likes this.
  14. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    I keep getting "Save is corrupted" when i import :(

But i think it may be due to dlc items or equipment so im gonna keep trying to delete gear and palico equipment.

15. Darkozzo

Darkozzo Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Italy
    Just to know if i get this properly, if i have Monster hunter Gen on my 3ds, to convert it to monster hunter Generation Ultimate on switch, i need to convert my save to MHX, then MHXX, then Mon Gen Ultimate?

16. SteelKaiser

SteelKaiser Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2018
    Mexico
    Man I can't get my XXSwitch save to work. I can't figure out how to use the XX save editor.
    Can anyone help me out?
    *edit*
    Nvm that. I got it working, but I can't seem to import my equipment box from XXS to GU. Item box works, though.

Attached Files:

Last edited by SteelKaiser, Aug 30, 2018
  17. Jigoku12

Jigoku12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    how do i find my save backup using Checkpoint or JKSV on switch? i've created a back up but when i go to look on my PC i cannot find the save data

18. i4ybrid

i4ybrid Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The save editor doesn't seem to have any of the XX/GU specific items. It only has up to MHG items it seems.

19. Toxxysko

Toxxysko Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    Malaysia
    This is everything you need to complete the combo list. Stygian Worm = Dark Silkworm.

https://pastebin.com/wLJ1ikin

I think I'll make more convenience item box lists over the next few days when I'm not busy with work or games.

Mandikiri likes this.
  20. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    Feature request: streamline the palico editor for full legal possibilities - as currently you can't do even valid swaps like switching between the two possibilities for the second learned support action (each forte has two valid possibilities, except maybe Beast) or editing the support actions taught via the dojo (the only 6 impossibilities for taught actions are the ones characteristic for each forte [always in the first learned slot fro that forte]). I still have all my research from helping APM on the MHX/MHGen editor, plus I'm updating info for the [relatively minor] changes in GenU, so I can supply any info needed.

---

For forte specific ID/owner ID on cats, Forte ID doesn't matter for anything other than identifying a specific cat for sharing reasons (to prevent duplicates). The last byte - at the very least - should be editable as duplicated cats (via import/export) will overwrite each an existing cat if shared with a person owning a cat with the same Forte ID and Owner ID combo. Allowing edits to owner ID would let people change the cat's greeting in-game.

---

The DLC flag can be safely toggled and merely allows the first 'B' class skill to be swapped for a DLC skill (or if there are no B class skills in the pattern, it replaces the first C class skill). Adding the option to the editor to toggle it would be much appreciated.

---

For editing Arena times on the Guild card, time is in frames, not seconds, thus is 60 times higher (plus change, for millisecond data) than if it were in seconds.

---

Lastly, you might want to add a warning about changing the alpha byte on colors - or at least disable it normally with an option to intentionally override it. Setting it to 00 instead of FF on the fur or clothing renders it invisible - and wont even cast a shadow when used (In gen it kept the color and removed refection/shadow effects. In GenU, if you set both the fur and clothing alpha to 00, the cat comes out like this). Its not game-breaking by any means, but it can confuse people not familiar with editing RGBA colors.

Last edited by iSharingan, Aug 30, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted