ROM Hack MHGen Custom Quests online

Oron Gefen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is it possible to play Custom Quests with my friends online ? All I found was svanheulens custom quests editor but it only works on the one who edited it.
My friends don't have a CFW and they don't really want to do it, I'm the only one with Luma3DS.
Thanks in advance

Oron Gefen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@Oron Gefen , swanheulen EQ editor works just fine, but there are some things that break quests (not showing up on the list in-game or reverting back to original state). If a quest works fine after editing for solo play, then it works for multiplayer too, but YOU must host the quest, if you don't, then it works with the other person's version. Besides that, you may just be doing something wrong in the editor like cramming too many items in the rewards (if you put too many you will hardly get any more than 5 or so of all the possible ones regardless of what category they are under) and make sure you set the flags right too. Also, NEVER edit supply box contents since it always breaks the quest regardless of what editor you are using, even putting more ammo has made a quest revert to normal for me for example.

Oron Gefen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@Oron Gefen , swanheulen EQ editor works just fine, but there are some things that break quests (not showing up on the list in-game or reverting back to original state). If a quest works fine after editing for solo play, then it works for multiplayer too, but YOU must host the quest, if you don't, then it works with the other person's version. Besides that, you may just be doing something wrong in the editor like cramming too many items in the rewards (if you put too many you will hardly get any more than 5 or so of all the possible ones regardless of what category they are under) and make sure you set the flags right too. Also, NEVER edit supply box contents since it always breaks the quest regardless of what editor you are using, even putting more ammo has made a quest revert to normal for me for example.
Thank you man! So I did actually do something wrong. Any chance someone compiled things that break ? That would be super helpful

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thank you man! So I did actually do something wrong. Any chance someone compiled things that break ? That would be super helpful
What exactly was it you did wrong? Is it working now? I don't get the compile part, but I have ended up messing up so many quests I've had to redo most at least 3 times... If it's nothing hard or complicated, I could just send you an example so you can load it up and see how to go about it. For example, the low rank Glavenus giving some crazy stuff like Rathalos Rubies... Currently just trying to fit deviant tickets in there since redoing all the 10 levels is a pain!

Oron Gefen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
What exactly was it you did wrong? Is it working now? I don't get the compile part, but I have ended up messing up so many quests I've had to redo most at least 3 times... If it's nothing hard or complicated, I could just send you an example so you can load it up and see how to go about it. For example, the low rank Glavenus giving some crazy stuff like Rathalos Rubies... Currently just trying to fit deviant tickets in there since redoing all the 10 levels is a pain!
I've been messing around now with stuff but nothing works. The compile part was about if someone ever put together a list of what we can and can't do. I'm trying to raise the zenny but with no luck, tried putting some Golden Eggs, nothing. I seriously don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can you please help me?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Here's an example of an edited quest (check attachment). For the money, don't go above 50K and for rewards just put 4 in each tab with 25% chance each (best way to get lots of them). Make sure you download the saved quest after editing, replace it with the original in the sd card and import it back. Made this for a friend btw, so sorry for the description... As for what to not edit, don't touch village point reward, supply box and don't change the monsters (changing objective is fine though).

Attachments

• q1010001.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by ThoD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1