Gaming Mhf2 online

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XLink Kai's forums (English) has a lot of that information you would need for that.

I know cause while searching I foudn out that it won't work for me ;_; Unless I set my router back up instead of using Westell Modem, which I don't want to do (I hate routers)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Routers provide near no more protection than you get from a good software firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro anyone?) and a good DSL Modem-router (I have Westell 724W personally), so why would I want ANOTHER router? Yea, who wants an extra 70 bucks in their pocket when they can have a useless piece of electronics.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, you're not really correct, but whatever~

yes cascading routers could be less than ideal when you don't know what you're doing

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong. If you're modem already supports most of what a router does, a router itself is useless, it's like caking on layers when one is fine, and can eventually run to problems. To give you another example, it's like having 2 firewalls, although sometimes they won't interfere with each other, it's superfluous.

Symbolic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHF2? As in Monster Hunter Freedom 2? I heard you can only play in Ad Hac? Not through Wifi...so sorry bro. =/

axisk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok now i got it sorta workin when me and my friend go into online guild i see him but he cant see me and when i try to accept his quests its says cannot recive quest information and when i try to do my quest it doesnt even appear so can anybody help this time =D oh and this is in ad hoc i know wifi doesnt work i wanted to do in ad hoc

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, is this the xlink Ive heard about? To play people in Wi-Fi in non-Wi-Fi games? So with this you can?
sleep.gif
I seriously never knew. So we just need a router? Each of us, and we can register each other or something? Correct me if I'm wrong, okay?

EDIT: Damn, PSP won't work on an router. Only my laptop has something close to a network card, but it only receives.
frown.gif

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get an I-O Data's WN-G54/R4 WiFi. they are about $75 and works like a charm. i have a corgea myself and all i have to do s connect my modem and press on the router and the psp or ds is connected.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a router. You need a way to connect your pc to the psp and the pc to the internet. So you can connect the PC to the internet using the ethernet port and then use the wireless adapter to connect to the psp. Only certain wireless adapters work with connecting to the psp through adhoc tho. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11469

For the last time, it's possible to connect to the internet to play adhoc only games with the psp. Unlike the DS, which uses some proprietary methods, the psp doesn't. Last I heard, the Xlink team was trying to get it to work for DS local wireless play, but I think that was like 2 years ago.

There are a million videos on youtube about how to do this. Although a lot of them say WiFi Max, the truth is it just has to be a compatible wireless adapter.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
You don't need a router. You need a way to connect your pc to the psp and the pc to the internet. So you can connect the PC to the internet using the ethernet port and then use the wireless adapter to connect to the psp. Only certain wireless adapters work with connecting to the psp through adhoc tho. The list is on the Xlink site.

For the last time, it's possible to connect to the internet to play adhoc only games with the psp. Unlike the DS, which uses some proprietary methods, the psp doesn't. Last I heard, the Xlink team was trying to get it to work for DS local wireless play, but I think that was like 2 years ago.

Yes xlinkai is the only way to play non wifi psp games online. There are plenty of routers compatible with xlink and its on their site.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay, so I guess the cheap D-Link router we have won't work...
frown.gif
I can get on Wi-Fi, but I don't think I can connect to the computer, since it's Router->Wall, and the computer is only on one of the connections.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1