Mhf2 online

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by axisk, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008

Mhf2 online by axisk at 8:57 PM (2,042 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. axisk
    OP

Newcomer axisk Advanced Member

United States
    can i play online with somebody far away or does have to be close by? i have a router

2. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  4. axisk
    OP

United States
    well it goes online normally but how do u put firmware on a router

5. Pyrofyr

United States
    XLink Kai's forums (English) has a lot of that information you would need for that.

I know cause while searching I foudn out that it won't work for me ;_; Unless I set my router back up instead of using Westell Modem, which I don't want to do (I hate routers)

6. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    yeah, who wants to shield their pc(s) from the internet

7. Pyrofyr

United States
    Routers provide near no more protection than you get from a good software firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro anyone?) and a good DSL Modem-router (I have Westell 724W personally), so why would I want ANOTHER router? Yea, who wants an extra 70 bucks in their pocket when they can have a useless piece of electronics.

8. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    well, you're not really correct, but whatever~

yes cascading routers could be less than ideal when you don't know what you're doing

9. Pyrofyr

United States
    Wrong. If you're modem already supports most of what a router does, a router itself is useless, it's like caking on layers when one is fine, and can eventually run to problems. To give you another example, it's like having 2 firewalls, although sometimes they won't interfere with each other, it's superfluous.

10. axisk
    OP

United States
    i already get wifi tho

11. Symbolic

Newcomer Symbolic Advanced Member

United States
    MHF2? As in Monster Hunter Freedom 2? I heard you can only play in Ad Hac? Not through Wifi...so sorry bro. =/

12. axisk
    OP

United States
    ok now i got it sorta workin when me and my friend go into online guild i see him but he cant see me and when i try to accept his quests its says cannot recive quest information and when i try to do my quest it doesnt even appear so can anybody help this time =D oh and this is in ad hoc i know wifi doesnt work i wanted to do in ad hoc

13. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Wait, is this the xlink Ive heard about? To play people in Wi-Fi in non-Wi-Fi games? So with this you can? [​IMG] I seriously never knew. So we just need a router? Each of us, and we can register each other or something? Correct me if I'm wrong, okay?

EDIT: Damn, PSP won't work on an router. Only my laptop has something close to a network card, but it only receives. [​IMG]

14. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    get an I-O Data's WN-G54/R4 WiFi. they are about $75 and works like a charm. i have a corgea myself and all i have to do s connect my modem and press on the router and the psp or ds is connected.

15. Jiggah

Member Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    You don't need a router. You need a way to connect your pc to the psp and the pc to the internet. So you can connect the PC to the internet using the ethernet port and then use the wireless adapter to connect to the psp. Only certain wireless adapters work with connecting to the psp through adhoc tho. http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11469

For the last time, it's possible to connect to the internet to play adhoc only games with the psp. Unlike the DS, which uses some proprietary methods, the psp doesn't. Last I heard, the Xlink team was trying to get it to work for DS local wireless play, but I think that was like 2 years ago.

There are a million videos on youtube about how to do this. Although a lot of them say WiFi Max, the truth is it just has to be a compatible wireless adapter.

16. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Yes xlinkai is the only way to play non wifi psp games online. There are plenty of routers compatible with xlink and its on their site.

17. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Oh okay, so I guess the cheap D-Link router we have won't work... [​IMG] I can get on Wi-Fi, but I don't think I can connect to the computer, since it's Router->Wall, and the computer is only on one of the connections.