Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished the mission having to collect 30 points worth of kills. Now I need to examine the cave with a pick axe. The problem is I can't get a pick axe. I think the little green guy at the hub is the way but he wont let me get it or I dont know how. help please. thanks

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be great if there is any walkthrou for monster hunter tri out there

... the pickaxt can be bought at the lady on the rightside of the town
she sells also herbs, nets and things like that

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does somebody know what i have to do at the third quest of level 1 which i get from the quest lady?
when i look at the quest ...there is some kind of fish icon

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could help but this girl is recording all of her progress through the game. Her videos are Here. Try to match her steps here.
Edit
Another person who records all their missions
You should be able to follow these

EDIT x2
Quests Guide
View->Character Encoding->SHIFT_JIS to view the Japanese.
(One Star Quests)
????????
- You need 5 ????? (Special Mushroom). Try the mushroom-looking object at area 2 and 3. Moving between areas to re-spawn. Once you have 5, back to the tent and put them in the red box (same 'back to red box' rule applies to most other quests)

??????????
- You need 2 ????? (Kelbi's Horn). They are at area 3 and 7, easier if you stun them then carve

???????
- You need 3 ??? (Golden Fish). You need to buy ????? (Fishing Earthworm) and bring as many as you can. At area 10, go to the east side and just before the water, if you see any golden fish, use the Fishing Earthworm. If not, jump in water to scare them away then come back up

??????????
- You need to kill 5 ?????? (Jaginos). They are different and stronger than the usual Jagi. Try area 2, 6, 7
- Additionally, you can talk to the chief of the farm after clearing the quest

??????????
- You need 3 ???????? (Monster's Liver). Go to area 10 and in the water, fight ???? (Ebios) for them. You can use area 11 then come back to area 10, but avoid Lagiacls(cutscene, adds to Gallery) at area 11 and keep in mind that Lagiacls can come to area 10, so keep an eye for the entrance to area 11. If he comes, get back up and run to area 9. If he comes up the water in area 10, get out of sight then wait and watch him to go back in the water. Anyway, Lagiacles lurks around area 10 and 11, so dont stay in one area for too long

???????
- You need 8 ?????? (Red Corallite). At the bottom of the water in area 10, check the white bones to harvest them

??????????
- One Star Emergency Quest. You need to kill 6 ???? (Ludoros). First three at area 10, remaining in the water of area 10 or 11
(Two Star Quests)
???????????
- You need to kill 12 ????? (Ortalos). They show up in area 2, 3, 7

?????????
- You need to get 4 ???? (Keel Crystal). Mine the white rocks at area 6, you will need the ???? (Pick-Axe) and the ???? (Torch) from the blue box

?????????
- You need 3 ???????? (Monster's Liver). Get them from ???? (Derux) at area 9

??????????
- Defeat the BOSS ?????? (Dos Jagi), You can find it at area 6. Be sure to use the ??????? (Paint Ball, get it from the blue box) on it and you can track it on the map

???????????
- Buy as many ?????? (Tranquilizer For Capturing) as you can, plus ???? (Pitfall) or ???? (Electric Trap). At area 5, keep attacking it and it will leave, repeat and it will be back at area 5 to sleep. Use the trap then Tranquilizer

????????
- Two Stars Emergency Quest. You need to save the Race Of Strange Faces at area 6, then 9 then 2. Finally, meet with it at the camp
(Three Star Quests)
????????
- You need to kill 6 ????? (Rinopross). Find them at area 1, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11

????????
- You need 2 ????? (Herbivorous Dragon's Eggs). You can harvest them at area 7 then bring it back to the red box. Problem is, you have to hold it so you cant do anything and avoid getting attacked as well, further there are blocked paths. For the first egg, I used this route: area 7->10->8->4->1->camp. Make sure you walk along the edges and stay out of sight. For the second egg, I used this route: area 7->10->9->8->4->3->2->1->camp

???????
- You need to kill 12 ????? (Bunahabra). They fly around in area 2, 4, 7, 9, 10

??????????
- You need to kill 7 ???? (Ludoros). They are in area 1, 4, 6, 8

??????????
- Defeat the BOSS ????? (Kurpecco). He shows up in area 8 then 4, anyhow, you can track it with Paint Ball like before

????????????
- You need to capture ????? (Kurpecco) this time. Inflict enough damage and wait till it sleeps, use ???? (Pitfall) or ???? (Electric Trap) then repeatedly use ?????? (Tranquilizer For Capturing)

???????????
- You need to kill the BOSS LoaLudoros (??????). You can find it at area 4 then track it with Paint Ball

????????
- You need to kill the BOSS Bolboros (?????)

??????????
- You need to capture LoaLudoros (??????) this time. Inflict enough damage and wait till it sleeps, use ???? (Pitfall) or ???? (Electric Trap) then repeatedly use ?????? (Tranquilizer For Capturing)
(Four Star Quests)
???? ?????
- You need to kill 20 ??? (Bagi), you can find them in area 1, 2, 4, 6, 7

???????????
- You need to kill ????? (Dos Bagi), you can find it in area 3

?????????
- You need 8 ?? (Blood Stone). You can mine them at area 4,5, 7

???????????
- Defeat ????? (Bolboros) and ?????? (Dos Jagi)

????????
- Wait 5 minutes then get the ???????? (Cat-Print Ticket) from the blue box

?????????

???????????
- Emergency Quest. Fight Lagiacles in area 5 until he flees

??????????
- Defeat the BOSS ????? (Rioreia) in area 3, 8

?????????
- Defeat the BOSS ????? (GigiNebra) in area 4. Since it's dark, might want to get the torch from the blue box

???? ????
- You need to capture ????? (Rioreia) this time. Inflict enough damage and wait till it sleeps, use ???? (Pitfall) or ???? (Electric Trap) then repeatedly use ?????? (Tranquilizer For Capturing)

???????
- You need to get 2 ???? (Flying Dragon's Eggs) and carry one by one to the red box from area 8. Be sure to use Paint Ball on Rioreia so you know where to avoid him

???????????
- Emergency Quest. Defeat the BOSS Lagiacles in area 10
Five Star Quests
??????????
- Defeat 7 ????? (Urokotor) in area 5, 6, 7

?????????
- You need 2 ??? (Powder Rocks). You can harvest it at area 10 then bring one by one to the camp

???? ?????
- You need to capture Lagiacles this time. Inflict enough damage and wait till it sleeps, use ???? (Pitfall) or ???? (Electric Trap) then repeatedly use ?????? (Tranquilizer For Capturing)

????????
Credit goes to Kouli @ Gamefaqs

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with zero knowledge of japanese, and the above guides, is it possible to actually play the game? Or would you just be blindly clicking through menus with absolutely no clue of what' sreally going on?

I'm wanting to try it, but I dont want to play it just to randomly swing my sword at dinosaurs. Also don't want to take the time nabbing it just to find out that's all it'd be for me, short of the few little quests people have taken the time to translate.

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should play the demo of this game
smile.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide. I actually saw that on gamefaqs and for some reason had no idea what it meant. I guess I needed to get to the quest first. Now I wonder should I play through the game in Japanese and possibly spoil the game when it finally hits the states or just pass until it hits the states?

X

xGonZox

Got a question about the arena mode... so u get coins and money of it but where are those?
biggrin.gif

When i load my Sp game i still have the same amount of money before i did the arena etc.

Its fun to kick those big dinos asses with different weapons and trying to get em faster down, but well would be cool to use those extra things i get there somewhere ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work