seroba11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there guys,
i can't help but wonder if it is dangerous for me to play Monster Hunter XX.
I have a CFW (Luma3DS) and the CIA file was titled to be "Region Free" which i doubt but hey, who knows. Also there is an english patch + the 1.1v update.

Now my questions would be:
How likely will i be banned for playing online with the Japanese "Region Free" CIA file?
Will the likelyhood of beeing banned increase if i use the English translation patch or not?
Playing without Wi-Fi on at all should be considered safe, right?

If anyone here would like to spare some of his knowledge and time, i would be eternally grateful,
because i have no actual clue as to how this could play out.

Thanks and kind regards
Nick

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Going off the history of people playing MH games previously, I've actually never heard any get banned for them. Even when MH Gen was leaked in the US, people were playing online and didn't get banned.

seroba11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Going off the history of people playing MH games previously, I've actually never heard any get banned for them. Even when MH Gen was leaked in the US, people were playing online and didn't get banned.

Thanks for your quick reply!
This sounds great to me, i'm a huge fan and can't wait to play these games on outside JPN release.
Just bought a Wii U for the sake of beeing able to play MH 3 Ultimate for 400€ back then lol

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've played the game since it came out, used the patch, replaced textures, audio files, swapped monster and weapon models, used cheats, basically broke the fucking game and I've never been banned or heard anyone get banned for it. There is enough stuff you already did to get you banned before launching an out of region title, let alone "hacking" it with a patch.

seroba11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've played the game since it came out, used the patch, replaced textures, audio files, swapped monster and weapon models, used cheats, basically broke the fucking game and I've never been banned or heard anyone get banned for it. There is enough stuff you already did to get you banned before launching an out of region title, let alone "hacking" it with a patch.

Also thank you for your great input!
So judging by your previous actions, it should be fine if i play a bit of normal MP haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...