MH Double Cross

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by seroba11, Jun 9, 2017.

1. seroba11
    OP

seroba11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey there guys,
    i can't help but wonder if it is dangerous for me to play Monster Hunter XX.
    I have a CFW (Luma3DS) and the CIA file was titled to be "Region Free" which i doubt but hey, who knows. Also there is an english patch + the 1.1v update.

Now my questions would be:
    How likely will i be banned for playing online with the Japanese "Region Free" CIA file?
    Will the likelyhood of beeing banned increase if i use the English translation patch or not?
    Playing without Wi-Fi on at all should be considered safe, right?

If anyone here would like to spare some of his knowledge and time, i would be eternally grateful,
    because i have no actual clue as to how this could play out.

Thanks and kind regards
    Nick

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Going off the history of people playing MH games previously, I've actually never heard any get banned for them. Even when MH Gen was leaked in the US, people were playing online and didn't get banned.

3. seroba11
    OP

seroba11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    This sounds great to me, i'm a huge fan and can't wait to play these games on outside JPN release.
    Just bought a Wii U for the sake of beeing able to play MH 3 Ultimate for 400€ back then lol

4. Kibido

Kibido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 3, 2014
    Italy
    I've played the game since it came out, used the patch, replaced textures, audio files, swapped monster and weapon models, used cheats, basically broke the fucking game and I've never been banned or heard anyone get banned for it. There is enough stuff you already did to get you banned before launching an out of region title, let alone "hacking" it with a patch.

5. seroba11
    OP

seroba11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Also thank you for your great input!
    So judging by your previous actions, it should be fine if i play a bit of normal MP haha