Hacking Homebrew MGSPO problem

d4nt0nl3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay when i load up mgspo the screen is black then it just shuts off. yes i have a custom firmware 3.71m33-3 and no it is not bricked. can someone tell me how to get this game running plz? much apprecieated

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If other games work, the check the options in the recovery and make sure they're correct.

Also make sure the file on your ms is not corrupt.

The two top culprits when ever I have this sort of problem.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
if you tried to resize the iso or remove files some games won't work without the iso complete, gripshift is another game thats like this, so check the source of where you got the file, maybe they tried to rip something from it?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what the issue is.
you have to go into the recovery menu and change from no-UMD mode to normal mode.
Or if you have VHS-menu enabled then hold "home" untill a little menu pops up. Change whatever UMD driver you have to normal.
Then make sure you have a UMD in your PSP and just play the ISO.
It'll load fine that way.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
problem is, i don't have a umd to put in the drive, will this be fixed in a later firmware update or something?

oh and is it the same problem with plus too?

Yes, I've confirmed it for both games...
If you don't have a UMD then just go to your nearest game store and buy the cheapest PSP game you can find.
Its not like you're going to play it
tongue.gif
One word of advice though... Make sure the game is in good shape because it might cause your games to freeze.
I used to have a GTA:LCS UMD which was falling apart and was making even the XMB freeze
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
If you don't have a UMD then just go to your nearest game store and buy the cheapest PSP game you can find.
tongue.gif
One word of advice though... Make sure the game is in good shape because it might cause your games to freeze.
I used to have a GTA:LCS UMD which was falling apart and was making even the XMB freeze
frown.gif

you might want to read this, why does it work for them without no umd?

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:qeHO3...clnk&cd=7&gl=uk

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
tongue.gif
frown.gif

you might want to read this, why does it work for them without no umd?

http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:qeHO3...clnk&cd=7&gl=uk

Mine works at 333 MHz i am running 3.52 M33-2 No-UMD mode

Different CFW.
I guess this is one of the reasons people prefer 3.52 M33 over 3.71 M33

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
just tried portable ops plus on my 3.17 m33-3 firmware and it loads fine, i don't have to disable no umd or anything it just loads and that's it
biggrin.gif

so the best thing to do OP is to check where you have got the iso from, make sure no umd mode is enabled via the recovery menu and that's it really.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just tried portable ops plus on my 3.17 m33-3 firmware and it loads fine, i don't have to disable no umd or anything it just loads and that's it
biggrin.gif

so the best thing to do OP is to check where you have got the iso from, make sure no umd mode is enabled via the recovery menu and that's it really.

You can change the ISO loading mode in the VHS menu by pressing select on the XMB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."