MGS 3D demo on eShop Now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter lostdwarf
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,666
  • Replies Replies 55
the HD version is just a upscale game with a cheap HD texture pack

Because the 3DS version is such a fine piece of work.

More accurately, it's "just a upscale of the game with a cheap HD pack with two other massive games with improved controls, achievement system, and online capabilities for Peace Walker".

The HD upscale still looks better than the graphics here so why are you complaining? And yeah, I actually own the game and have seen it in action.
 
Not gunna lie, the demo sucks and I won't be buying it.

Not like I was gunna buy it anyway when MGS HD collection will be cheaper.

Edit: inb4 soulx and his bullshit 'it's the E3 demo! OMFG DONT JUDGE'
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2 people
the HD version is just a upscale game with a cheap HD texture pack

Because the 3DS version is such a fine piece of work.

More accurately, it's "just a upscale of the game with a cheap HD pack with two other massive games with improved controls, achievement system, and online capabilities for Peace Walker".

The HD upscale still looks better than the graphics here so why are you complaining? And yeah, I actually own the game and have seen it in action.

yet it gives me a version of MGS 1 that i dont want to play
 
It's already playable on the PS3 via the PSN....why would they scupper their own sales.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
they should have use twin snakes for 3DS instead

I agree. They wouldn't have to care about the Nintendo licensed stuff in it it's a little more simple than MGS3. Plus I feel like the more confined, "industrial" setting of Twin Snakes would look better on a portable screen than the more open, "vegetated" setting of MGS3. Plus with MGS2, 3, and Peace Walker out for HD consoles, might as well give the 3DS something unique. Plus people loved the Twin Snakes.
 
I would have preferred Twin Snakes, for me the series went tits up with Snake Eater. I like my games to be more than frigging movies with a little bit of gameplay.

Of course I would have EASILY preferred Metal Gear Solid GBC over any other but I don't see that coming to eShop for some time.
 
It is rather good, I must say.
I'll definitely be getting it once it comes out. Off Amazon, of course :)
 
I can agree with Guild now that he's actually criticizing something real rather than shit-talking a game we hadn't even seen anything of.

This doesn't look very good at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
having played through a few more times I am really enjoying it now. I forgot I could change the strength of the 3D with the 3Dslider and if I keep it half way it looks brilliant. Just started owning stealth kills, slicing necks with my knife is fun lol.
Killed snakes and crocodiles and ate them too haha.
I like the controls.
 
I can agree with Guild now that he's actually criticizing something real rather than shit-talking a game we hadn't even seen anything of.

This doesn't look very good at all.
Take into consideration this demo is exactly the same as the one in E3 2011 which was really bad, so we have no idea how the final product will come to be. I have little to no hope anyhow.
 
Although I feel the 3d could be stronger, I think honestly the depth add more immersion to the game.
Does have some stuff to approve on as people say. ie frame rate
Motion thing, I'm pretty much 50/50.
I have no problems with the controls.
I also like the stuff being on the second screen.
They could have made a touchscreen camera. I wouldn't put a whole stylus on it, I would just use my finger.



Really if wasn't for the $40.00 (could at least be $30) and the hd collect with a little more cleaning up, I wouldn't think twice about getting.
I mean if they at least had ported one game aside this game that they said was made from scratch, I think it would be more justified.

Or just made a New side mgs game altogether.

I wish the demo was longer...
 

Site & Scene News