mGBA and Dolphin connectivity, Konami ditches E3 & more!

tempcast 169 logo.png

Look, I'll be honest with you: not a lot happened this week. We tried to talk about the new connectivity between the Dolphin emulator and mGBA, but we ended up talking about GameBoy Advance Video cartridges. We tried to talk about Konami ditching E3, and just talked about how weird Yu-Gi-Oh! is nowadays. The real death knell this week was the Among Us jokes. I don't know what to tell you. They can't all be homeruns. At least we give Activision hell, if that's your thing.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys and gals could talk about some other stuff on a lighter news week. Like any mods you've done or have paid someone to do to a console, favorite foods, some interesting things you've seen, heard, and/or experienced at conventions, etc.. Like, I could talk a lot about the stuff I've seen at the Midwest Gaming Classic over the past 10-ish years that I've mostly attended (there were a couple years where I couldn't make it) the event!

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You guys and gals could talk about some other stuff on a lighter news week. Like any mods you've done or have paid someone to do to a console, favorite foods, some interesting things you've seen, heard, and/or experienced at conventions, etc.. Like, I could talk a lot about the stuff I've seen at the Midwest Gaming Classic over the past 10-ish years that I've mostly attended (there were a couple years where I couldn't make it) the event!
^ feel free to stray from strictly news discussion, I don't mind if it makes the podcast longer :D

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
We tried to talk about the new connectivity between the Dolphin emulator and mGBA, but we ended up talking about GameBoy Advance Video cartridges.
Ngl I prefer this 100%. That's always been the crux of the issue with the podcast in the few times I took a crack at it...what to cover. Yes, it's good to hear some of the news talked about, and structure is important, but I think everyone listening to the podcast has already seen it all by the time the episode goes up. I'd rather hear a little news, alongside general stuff. Current events, gaming trivia, weird references, random tangents about e readers--thats what I'd wanna see. Er. Hear.

That being said, you guys are doing such a great job so far!!

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I appreciate the feedback everyone. I tend to like the goofier episodes myself. In general we come up with a few topics that we want to touch on but that's about it in terms of planning. Keep in mind that if there are extended periods where two of us are talking and the other is silent, there's a very good chance the silent person is thinking of a joking way to derail the conversation. I love the tangents and the futile attempts to get back on topic that accompany them.

The last few episodes of the EoFcast are just us going off the rails with very little editing or structure if you just can't get enough of us messing around. The EoFcast and Tempcast are in a shared universe for the record.

Well, since this was a slow news week anyway I might as well add a bit more Tempcast lore into the mix. Will this shake the foundation of the podcasting industry as we know it? Is this canon? You have to tune in next week to find out.

upload_2021-5-2_20-27-28.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.