OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well after re-reading the post I made earlier, it did sound like I was asking for an ISO (Sorry guys, was not intention).

More of what I was asking for is any kind of program I can use to just rip the first one, and a guide on how to do so. I tried doing it before but when I selected MP1 it just kicked me back to the System Menu.

So can someone supply me with the tools needed to edit ISO files and a nice walkthrough on exactly how to go about it

(Sorry again for the last post about this please let me know if this is alright this time)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I left the comments on the other topic for you to read, they explained that you can't boot MP1 when launched from the main menu because it reload a new .dol, so the official IOS is also reloaded (you loose the ability to use the USB), game stop reading and force the wii to reboot to Wii menu.
You need to select the alternative dol option, and load MP1.dol

There are 3 methods to boot the game if you are using USBLoaderGX (depending on the GX revision you are using, some option might not be available):

• Default method : when you launch the game, a menu with 4 button will appear for you to select the one you want

• You can list all available games instead of using the buttons :
Go to the game preferences > game load > alternative dol : ask on game launch > save
now launch the game, you will have a list of found dol for you to select.

• You can also set mp1 as main game to not select it each time you want to play : alternative dol > Select offset > click on the next line saying offset : 0 > select mp1.dol

If you are not using GX but Config, Wiiflow, or neogamma, search for "alt dol", "alt dol+" or ".wdm file" loading option.

As explained in the other topic too, you first need to create a save file by using the main game menu, then exit the game and use one of the above methods to boot the desired game.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand what the issue is exactly. Here is what I have done with the ISO:

Downloaded Metroid Prime Trilogy (With MP3 cut out) - According to the comments on this file, it works fine.

Using Wii Scrubber v1.4 - I extracted a blank (9 byte) video file out of the MP3 partion and used it to replace most of the videos in MP2

Using Wii Scrubber v1.4 - I then extracted a blank (1 byte) Audio file from MP3 and replaced most of the music in MP2

Using Wii Scrubber v1.4 - I then extracted the Metroid1 through Metroid8.pak, NoARAM.pak, and opening.pak from MP3 and used them to replace the files of the same name in MP2.

I then clicked on the "Scrub" button and after waiting for the bar to progress to 100% it gave me an error message, though it did end up giving me me a Metroid Prime Trilogy (Compressed).iso file that is now 2.90GB (down from the original 3.76GB)

Ok well I have tried using:

USB Loader GX
Wii Flow
uLoader

With each of these loaders when I go to select "Boot Alt. Dol", it brings up a list of 5 (give or take) other .dol files.

I will select the "Metroid Prime 1.dol" (can't remember exactly the name of it, but its the DOL for MP1) and then I press the "A" button in order to boot them game.

It then goes into the typical launch BS, It first shows that it is loading IOS 249, which is does without a problem. Then it says the speal about loading the alternative DOL file and it just hangs here forever.

The only way I have managed to get into the actual game is without booting an alternative DOL and then I can only get as far as selecting MP1 and then it takes me back to the Wii System Menu.

Any additional help would be awesome, because I am literally pulling my hair out trying to get this to work. I have never fought so long or so hard with a game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why are you replacing all the data ?
If you downloaded an Iso with MP3 cut, then the iso should already have to correct size to burn on a DVD5.
If not, then it's a bad rip, look for a "DVD5" version of the game and don't change anything.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
because a friend of mine came over one night and was trying to fix his PC and while I was sleeping he used literally ALL of my blank DVD's.

So currently all I have are a couple of 4GB Flash Drives (that after formating are 3.73GB and 3.59GB) So I need to be able to get them to fit onto one of these in the mean time.

I plan to get a External HDD after the 11th (when my tax return gets deposited) but until then I am kind of dead in the water and fiending to play some Metroid Prime.

Again all I want is Metroid Prime 1, as I already own a store bought copy of Metroid Prime 3 and personally I thought that Metroid Prime 2 was utter garbage.

Jamio88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok well I finally got it working, and I must say that Metroid Prime One on the Wii is amaing. I have seriously not been this happy with my Wii since the first time I played it (first game being LoZ).

God **** do I love me some Metroid.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me out with this. Again not sure why I was having such troubles with this game, but it finally works so now I am off to destroy some space pirates.

Thanks again guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.