Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: could OCARINA cheats be made to trick the main menu into reloading the dol from the ISO instead of the disc? This could save the effort of using alt dols, as well as hopefully fix 480p and difficulty settings. Or, would it be possible to extract the main menu dol, and hard patch that file to load the other dols from the iso or SD, to serve the same purpose?

Hankbropio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kazooie77 said:
Hankbropio said:
Uninstall metroid prime 3 if you already have it on your drive
i repeat
uninstall it if you have trilogy on your drive

Metroid prime 3 alone uses the same DOL and Code as the metroid prime 3 in the trilogy set, it will create a conflict when trying to run the dol off of the iso/disc
So if you already have prime 3
uninstall it

then the dols will become selectable

Funny the MP3 I have shows the ID:RM3E01 MPT shows ID R3ME01 how that a problem? I really don't see one.

My problem was solved when i uninstalled Metroid prime 3, not the game in the set, but the actual game
If you can't select any dols (your homebrew channel freezing up, not even a code dump) then this is the first thing i suggest doing
What i did was first select dols on MP3 (not trilogy) and than i got a thing show up "ID R3 ME01 WE COULD USE THIS etc" and i reset my wii, than i delete MP3
and bam, i got it running.

This solution is only for people who can't even select the DOLs. from "Dol from disc"
ocdetective said:
QUOTE(Hankbropio @ Aug 28 2009, 12:58 PM)
Uninstall metroid prime 3 if you already have it on your drive
i repeat
uninstall it if you have trilogy on your drive

Metroid prime 3 alone uses the same DOL and Code as the metroid prime 3 in the trilogy set, it will create a conflict when trying to run the dol off of the iso/disc
So if you already have prime 3
uninstall it

then the dols will become selectable
Do you suffer from dyslexia?

HURRRR hnnnng

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ConJ said:
From someplace else -

USB LOADER GX:

1-Rip the game to the External HD.
2-Select the game, but instead of playing the game select settings.
3-Select game load, select Alternate DOL until DOL from disc is displayed
4-Under Alternate DOL it should say DOL from disc and there should be 4 options:

rs5fe_p - The main menu. You are required to play this first to create a save file.

Then reset the Wii, and this time choose one of the other DOL files, depending on which game you want to play.

rs5mp1_p - Metroid Prime 1
re5mp2_p - Metroid Prime 2
rs5mp3_p - Metroid Prime 3

i have it on latest usbloader gx on pal 4.1 wii

i ran it once without an alt dol, and got to the game choosing bit then it crashed back to loader.

in usbloader gx i have

off
on
off
dol from disc

below this it just says dol from disc

if i click on that i get code dump, but i dont see any choice of dols there just that 'dol from disc'

if i start i get code dump

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm loving MP1 all over again, although the only thing that really made that game hard was the shotty controls the game is super easy even on w/e the default on the USB hdd is, someone said vet?

I really do wish it were in 480p though
frown.gif
its hard to see some of the darker stuff, back in the day when I was playing the game I didn't have a nice sound system, even though its only Dolby Prologic 2 is still sounds sweet! *sigh*

If only nintendo wasn't such greedy shit eating bastards and made this game a reasonable price they might actually have killed with the sales. WHY Nintendo WHY?

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is this an unreasonable price? It's got a kickass tin, a kickass artbook, and a kickass MP3 that sells for $50 alone. It makes no sense that $50 for MP3 is reasonable, but $50 for a collectors' set with a bunch of bonuses and improvements is too much.

ph00p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Covarr said:
How is this an unreasonable price? It's got a kickass tin, a kickass artbook, and a kickass MP3 that sells for $50 alone. It makes no sense that $50 for MP3 is reasonable, but $50 for a collectors' set with a bunch of bonuses and improvements is too much.

In Canada its $60 which is $10 TOO MUCH

Nikj14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mine is working perfectly with MP3 and trilogy on the drive, i had a code dump when i tried to set the alt dol the first time but then i just updated GX to rev 715 and i was able to select them, no code dump.

vigneshkum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
vigneshkum said:
All games work fine for me. For those of you who have the scrubbed version of the game, MP3 does not work. If you get the nonscrubbed one, MP3 works great!!

Check your ISO file size to see whether it is scrubbed or nonscrubbed:
7.61GB= Scrubbed (MP3 does not work)
7.91GB= NonScrubbed (MP3 does work)

mine is manually compressed to .ciso

7.44 GB (7,990,181,888 bytes)

so what do i have then?

You need to first check your main iso file that u used to convert to .ciso.

All the ciso files are 7.44 GB, however WBFS Intelligent has a glitch and says the game is 3.5GBs.

This is what I am most curious about though, If there is no .dol for multiplayer and it locks in the loading screen of it when in IOS223, what does Multiplayer load from?
unsure.gif

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
So, what is the current situation with MP3 ?

My .iso file is 7.91GB in size but it is not the scene release. MP1 and MP2, via the alt-dol method, work fine but no matter what settings and/or cIOS I use I can't get MP3 to load ? (and, yes, I have a game in the drive)

Is there a scenario where MP3 works via LoaderGX ?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:

My .iso file is 7.91GB in size but it is not the scene release. MP1 and MP2, via the alt-dol method, work fine but no matter what settings and/or cIOS I use I can't get MP3 to load ? (and, yes, I have a game in the drive)

I got my non-scene copy from a well known semi-private tracker and I think the copy was scrubbed or Corrupted (
yaypsp.gif
)
because I can't load MP3 either.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got it to work like this:
mp3 only works when i use config loader and i use these settings:
ios 222 mload, block ios reload on, anti 002 fix on and alt. dol from sd card you need a disc in the drive for it to work

4.0 U
rev 14

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
there is a well known site to get your iso's and theyve updated the MPT to a nonscrubbed version ive tried it and it works just for confirmation

PrimeTime 84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
vigneshkum said:
Does anyone know a way to play Multiplayer on this? Its driving me crazy to find out what hidden file runs it.
Apparently, not found a way to run it yet.
unsure.gif

I quote two others problems, too. With alternate dols, is possible just to use one profile and the difficult level isn't selectable.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Semi private tracker MD5 of ISO: FBC00F36FEF9760111739A3A89136721 (MP3 did not work)
Usenet MD5 of ISO: DA4FC9304933FE9137ECD5E156A1CF07 (will try later)

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AdamBrunt said:

I had that problem and solved it by installing Cios rev 13a. All 3 games work now via usb.

MP3 on MPTrilogy won't work with Cios r14.

MikeE21286

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenz said:
AdamBrunt said:

I had that problem and solved it by installing Cios rev 13a. All 3 games work now via usb.

MP3 on MPTrilogy won't work with Cios r14.

what settings were you using along with usbloader gx?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto