Gaming Metroid: Other M Help thread

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am creating this because everyone is going on the wii release threads to get help, and no one is using spoiler tags, which means people who are having problems with the actual file might be getting things spoiled for them.

Here is a recommended format for how you should post.

Code:
Name of the Sector you are on. (if you dont know, look on the map.)
How far you are (you do backtrack a little)
[spoiler]List your problem here[/spoiler]

so for example
Main Sector
The Beginning
How do I defeat the first boss

Replies should actually have the post in it so you know who is replying to what, and you should also put spoiler tags.

For example
QUOTE said:
Main Sector
The Beginning
How do I defeat the first boss
You shoot the eye with a missile, dodge the attack, and shoot a missile at the part where the galactic federation people have frozen. Finally, when a bug pops out, you shoot that with a missile and then its over

Simple enough format
smile.gif

This is NOT a thread for saying "blah blah blah this game sucks", any post like that will be reported. Also, keep problems with actually running the game via modchip/softmod in their threads in the wii release section. This is not the place for this...

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice idea.

I have 2 i'm stuck on.

Main Sector
Near the area with Samus' ship
In the top portion of the area with her ship,there is an item.However,the area to go to it has a door that is red.There for it has to be opened some way,or another path to it.Where do i go to get to this?

And

Sector 1
Little square area on the far right,where above of it is a save point.
Cant get the item there.How do i get it?Its just alittle to the right of the middle on the map.

samu_ml

Trophies
XP
Country
mariosonic said:
Main Sector
In the top portion of the area with her ship,there is an item.However,the area to go to it has a door that is red.There for it has to be opened some way,or another path to it.Where do i go to get to this?

You have to continue to the room that have the bath room, and go up stairs and then turn back to the other part of the glasses. Then, use a bomb on a small grid on the left.

QUOTE(mariosonic @ Aug 30 2010, 02:19 AM) Sector 1
Cant get the item there.How do i get it?Its just alittle to the right of the middle on the map.

I can't either get that item.
It seems there is a door to go inside that room and get the item, but i can't find from where you have to come there.

Also, i have other item i can't get:

Biologic weapons lab:
A room with two levels, after the elevator.
There's an item inside a morhpball pipe, behind a wall of glass, that i can't get.

Thanks.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post,but i have a few more too:

Biowepons Research Center
The big rectangle area to the far left.As left as you can get.
To the right,between that left area,and the middle area of the map is an item.The middle area shows a tube and shows paths to the item.However,i can not find the starting point of it.How do i get in that tube?

Sector 2
Hard to explain,but heres a pic. http://img824.imageshack.us/i/0829102217.jpg/ Its alittle above the far right bottem.
Cant get to the item(the big blue glowing point at the middle-bottem)

Sector 2
More higher than the other one i listed above.This one is near the top.Heres a pic. http://img192.imageshack.us/i/0829102217a.jpg/

And i have a good few im stuck on in sector 3,but i'll get to those later.Thanks guys if if your able to help me.I'm trying to get 100%.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samu_ml said:
mariosonic said:
Main Sector

You have to continue to the room that have the bath room, and go up stairs and then turn back to the other part of the glasses. Then, use a bomb on a small grid on the left.

QUOTE(mariosonic @ Aug 30 2010, 02:19 AM) Sector 1

It seems there is a door to go inside that room and get the item, but i can't find from where you have to come there.

Biologic weapons lab:
There's an item inside a morhpball pipe, behind a wall of glass, that i can't get.

Thanks.
You know,that wepons lab one is one im stuck on too.xD(in my secand post)
I'll keep looking for a way,though.And thanks for helping me out with the one in main sector.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
samu_ml said:
mariosonic said:
Sector 1

Biologic weapons lab:

Thanks.

For the first one:
backtrack to the place before it that's kind of round, full of plants. On the left side there's a path that leads to some plants which can be destroyed with the speed booster, it'll lead to the door

I dunno about the second one, stuck on it too XD.
QUOTE(mariosonic @ Aug 29 2010, 10:23 PM)
Sector 2
Hard to explain,but heres a pic. http://img824.imageshack.us/i/0829102217.jpg/ Its alittle above the far right bottem.

Sector 2
More higher than the other one i listed above.This one is near the top.Heres a pic. http://img192.imageshack.us/i/0829102217a.jpg/

And i have a good few im stuck on in sector 3,but i'll get to those later.Thanks guys if if your able to help me.I'm trying to get 100%.
First item:
I don't remember too well but I think you have to destroy the middle fan near it, on a place where you fight the purple creatures? the fan is on a straight line to the item dot.
And I don't remember the second one... Maybe I will at some point after I post though since I already have 100% on sector 2 xD.

samu_ml

Trophies
XP
Country

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
samu_ml said:
mariosonic said:
Sector 2

Shoot to the fan in the middle of the area when you have the ice beam, and it will freeze. Then jump and turn into morphball

I will add an image for the item in the bio weapons lab:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3425/sinttulo2e.png
I don't get why people say things other have already previously (read, the post above *facepalm*)
But i'll take this opportunity to post some of my own:

Main Sector
Residential Area
How do you get the item that's on top of those... ads? On the center pillar.

Main Sector
The item behind the elevator you come across after exiting the sector selection room? i've gone up and down the room and I still can't find it!

Sector 3
The item on the far right side of a room near the room with the elevator that takes you to the main sector, the room has lots of grapple hooks spots and lots of lava, it's indoors though.

Sector 3
There's a room that has six holes covered with glass, it's pretty small. the item is in a gap between the floor I think?

samu_ml

Trophies
XP
Country
Browser didn't show me your answer, (in fact, didn't show even when i replied). Merit is yours.

Here, i have the pic for the other one we said:

mariosonic said:
Sector 1

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4006/sinttulo1dd.png

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
samu_ml said:
Browser didn't show me your answer, (in fact, didn't show even when i replied). Merit is yours.

Here, i have the pic for the other one we said:

mariosonic said:
Sector 1

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4006/sinttulo1dd.png
I already answered, but I'll say it again:
Go to the round place before it, on the left side (right side on the map of the pic). Near the exit (entrance to the part with the item) there are some plants hanging, they can be destroyed with the speed booster

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
samu_ml said:
mariosonic said:
Sector 2

Shoot to the fan in the middle of the area when you have the ice beam, and it will freeze. Then jump and turn into morphball

I will add an image for the item in the bio weapons lab:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/3425/sinttulo2e.png
I don't get why people say things other have already previously (read, the post above *facepalm*)
But i'll take this opportunity to post some of my own:

Main Sector
Residential Area
How do you get the item that's on top of those... ads? On the center pillar.

Main Sector
The item behind the elevator you come across after exiting the sector selection room? i've gone up and down the room and I still can't find it!

Sector 3
The item on the far right side of a room near the room with the elevator that takes you to the main sector, the room has lots of grapple hooks spots and lots of lava, it's indoors though.

Sector 3
There's a room that has six holes covered with glass, it's pretty small. the item is in a gap between the floor I think?
Okay,the sector 3 ones i cant help with because those are a few of the ones i cant get.(Theres a good few i cant get in Sector 3.)

But about mani sector,i have that 100% now.

To the secand one for Main sector,wich elevator?The one to go to one of the sectors?

To the first one, i cant remember that room.I'll keep thinking,and maby it will come back to me.xD

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mariosonic said:
To the secand one for Main sector,wich elevator?The one to go to one of the sectors?
It has lots of exploding enemies. It's the one that you run into after exiting the room that has the elevators to each sector. I'll make a little diagram:
O ---->Room with elevators to each sector
I ----->hallway
I- ------Detour, there's a power bomb wall here
I -----> hallway continued
X -----> the room with the item I'm talking about

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
mariosonic said:
It has lots of exploding enemies. It's the one that you run into after exiting the room that has the elevators to each sector. I'll make a little diagram:
O ---->Room with elevators to each sector
I ----->hallway
I- ------Detour, there's a power bomb wall here
I -----> hallway continued
X -----> the room with the item I'm talking about
Oh,i think i see what room you mean.Cant remember where the item was though.Can you take a pic of it or something?If not,i'll go back to that room and look around it.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres some in Sector 3 i cant find out,but its hard for me to explain them.But most of them are in the main big rectangle part at the top-middle.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know this one?

Sector 3
In the big lava area,through a big pipe.
Im pretty sure theres an item under the pipe.How do i get it?

And im very sorry for me not being able to help you guys.I just cant remember stuff like this.Soon im going to go back everywhere through the game so i can try to help people.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mariosonic said:
Anyone know this one?

Sector 3

And im very sorry for me not being able to help you guys.I just cant remember stuff like this.Soon im going to go back everywhere through the game so i can try to help people.
there's a switch you have to shoot near the area, which will open a little hatch to get the item
I took pictures of the places where I'm stuck at but they came out really bad :/.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
mariosonic said:
Anyone know this one?

Sector 3

there's a switch you have to shoot near the area, which will open a little hatch to get the item
I took pictures of the places where I'm stuck at but they came out really bad :/.
Thanks.Last two i have left is the one from the research area,and that one in sector 2.I'll keep looking on how to do those,and when i find out the research one, i'll tell you.

NeoMatrix2525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I am about to 100% the game here, and I just figured out the last powerup that was giving me grief. This is for samu_ml and the bioweapons research lab. You shall kick yourself in the pants sir, I know I sure did. Anyway, guess I should format this as requested...

Bioweapon Research Center
Endgame
Missile expansion behind the glass in the two-story lab room.
Answer:
On the second level, in the middle of the room is a "supposedly" four-sided holographic screen. Using the game's camera for perspective, walk samus around to the back side of the column, and then walk towards the camera, into the pillar. From there, wall jump up into a hidden alcove, and take the morph ball tunnel. After getting the pickup, you will continue and exit on the first floor of that room.

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeoMatrix2525 said:
alright, I am about to 100% the game here, and I just figured out the last powerup that was giving me grief. This is for samu_ml and the bioweapons research lab. You shall kick yourself in the pants sir, I know I sure did. Anyway, guess I should format this as requested...

Bioweapon Research Center
Endgame
Missile expansion behind the glass in the two-story lab room.
Answer:
On the second level, in the middle of the room is a "supposedly" four-sided holographic screen. Using the game's camera for perspective, walk samus around to the back side of the column, and then walk towards the camera, into the pillar. From there, wall jump up into a hidden alcove, and take the morph ball tunnel. After getting the pickup, you will continue and exit on the first floor of that room.
Thanks,I was stuck on this too.i'll try this later when i'm able to play some more.

I'm stuck in another one too.Have you got the one in Sector 2 like at near the top of the map,in the small like rectangle? This?
http://img192.imageshack.us/i/0829102217a.jpg/

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sector 1
In an elevator shaft
After I missile one lump of debris a lizard appears, and after several seconds of me blasting all my missiles at it, it inevitably, destroys the other debris, making the elevator fall down on me. wth? :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans