Metroid Fusion coming to Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pass on March 9th, 2023

1677856465124.png

The beloved GameBoy Advance classic, Metroid Fusion, will be available for Nintendo Switch Online users on March 9th, 2023, announced by Nintendo through Twitter. As with all the other recently added GameBoy Advance games, Metroid Fusion will only be available for users that purchased the Expansion Pass for the service, which also includes N64 and Genesis games, as well as Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing and Splatoon 2's DLC content.

It is still unknown if the addition of Metroid Fusion to the online service will have any kind of connectivity to Metroid Prime Remaster for the possible unlocking of the Fusion Suit in Prime Remaster, which is still missing from the Remastered version releases a couple of weeks ago. The original Metroid Prime on Gamecube did have the Fusion Suit as an extra unlockable when users connected their Metroid Fusion copy for GBA through the GBA Link Cable to Metroid Prime.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This just intensifies the idea that Nintendo will reveal Prime 4 later this year.

It's been "confirmed" that Prime 2 and 3 are getting Remasters as well.

Given that Prime are prequels to "Mainline", it seems plausible that this year is Metroid Year.

Reactions: Xzi

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honesty is a GBA game, most people just emulate it.
Yeah, I downloaded the rom the other day. 😆
Post automatically merged:

oh so now they are only releasing ONE game each time now? upping their drip feeding to the max now!
Stick it up your ass i'll stick to emulation
:glare:
Nintendo these days makes piracy a lot better than use their own service.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what filter? there is no filter
what filter?
Most GBA games on NSO get this weird filter that desaturates the colors, making the games look kinda pastel-ish.
Looking at the Fusion trailer, you can see it very well, if you look at the SA-X. It's supposed to resemble the Varia Suit from Super Metroid, but on NSO, the colors look way off. Sector 2 (TRO) looks especially washed out and dark.
Sector2_GBA.png

I'm currently not at that point in the story, so I grabbed the GBA screenshot from metroidwiki.org
Sector2_NSO.jpg

I guess they were trying to make it resemble a GBA screen, but no GBA makes the image look pastel :D
Would be cool if we could at least turn it off, but if Nintendo wants us to have a filter, we'll get the filter without exception.

Attachments

• Farm_GBA.jpg
    Farm_GBA.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • Farm_NSO.jpg
    Farm_NSO.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Forest_GBA.jpg
    Forest_GBA.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • Forest_NSO.jpg
    Forest_NSO.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 28
  • House_GBA.jpg
    House_GBA.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
  • House_NSO.jpg
    House_NSO.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 26

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most GBA games on NSO get this weird filter that desaturates the colors, making the games look kinda pastel-ish.
Looking at the Fusion trailer, you can see it very well, if you look at the SA-X. It's supposed to resemble the Varia Suit from Super Metroid, but on NSO, the colors look way off. Sector 2 (TRO) looks especially washed out and dark.
View attachment 356987
I'm currently not at that point in the story, so I grabbed the GBA screenshot from metroidwiki.org
View attachment 356988
I guess they were trying to make it resemble a GBA screen, but no GBA makes the image look pastel :D
Would be cool if we could at least turn it off, but if Nintendo wants us to have a filter, we'll get the filter without exception.
Ew. It looks like water paint. I absolutely despise filters like that and movies/shows remaster similar to that, too.

So people are excited to play with it looking like that? What!

I'd rather just download the roms instead.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what idiot pays for a service where they release one game a month. they want you to buy an expansion pass to get access to more drip fed shit apart from their already drip feed garbage plus the fact that gba games look like trash with that terrible filter they just thought would be a good idea! keep up the good work DRIPtendo! greedy ***ts

emulation 4eva

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what idiot pays for a service where they release one game a month. they want you to buy an expansion pass to get access to more drip fed shit apart from their already drip feed garbage plus the fact that gba games look like trash with that terrible filter they just thought would be a good idea! keep up the good work DRIPtendo! greedy ***ts

emulation 4eva
It apparently has HD Rumble or something, but who cares? Just play it without and get a better experience everywhere else or via a hacked Switch than NSO.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ew. It looks like water paint. I absolutely despise filters like that and movies/shows remaster similar to that, too.

So people are excited to play with it looking like that? What!

I'd rather just download the roms instead.
Yeah, I dunno. I'm not a fan of filters, but even I liked the NSO SNES one, so I kept it on. But tampering with the colors this much? Eh. I'm glad that I own all the Gameboy, GBC and GBA games I want to play already.
Oh yeah, GBC obviously also suffers from this desaturation you can't turn off. And the Gameboy palettes don't look good or like the systems they originated from. Makes you wonder if the people who made the decisions for these color filters have even seen a real Gameboy :D

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fucking nintendo everything they touch lately they fuck up. they can't even emulate their own games without fucking them up. it's like they are trying to still punish people for using emulation even though they are doing the emulation! :rofl:

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 356987
View attachment 356988
you sure this isnt just an issue with your modded gba?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't wait for it to come out,it seems to me from the teaser that there are some additional areas compared to the original(which i played and completed with the GBA emulator)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo