Metal Slug Anthology hack/patch?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by WizardOfOdd, Aug 24, 2011.

Aug 24, 2011
  1. WizardOfOdd
    OP

Newcomer WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I've searched Google, and found nothing, but I'm guessing if it exists at all the people on here will know about it...

Does anyone know if anyone hacked/patched the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology to allow the use of the classic controller? Would that be a hard thing to do? I guess it would, to program in a totally new control method that the game didn't previously allow.

My second question, is that is such a patch does not exist, can anyone tell me whether the game supports the classic controller pro? I'm guessing not, but worth an ask...

Cheers!

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    there is no patch but i wouldnt imagine it is impossible to program it in with an ocarina code if you knew what you was doing. The japanese version of Metal Slug Anthology (Metal Slug Collection) does support the classic controller though

3. Nathanaël

Member Nathanaël GBAtemp Regular

Nauru
    Are you really sure that the PAL version does not support CC / CCPro?

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Slug_Anthology

4. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    My Classic Controller Pro does not work with my PAL version I bought here in Germany. So that claim seems to be false, even if it made it's way into the WiiTDB as my CFG Loader shows Classic Controller as a controller option.
    On a related note, as far as I know games can not tell the difference between a Classic Controller and a Pro. They seem to have the same IDs so that older games who support the Classic Controller also work with a Pro (I'm not talking about the serial numbers, they are different). I'm wondering why the SNES version of the Classic Controller has the same serial number as the normal one does. Normally Nintendo has a unique number for every piece of "hardware", even the DVD cases and the sensor bar stand. And the microphone clip that came with Odama and probably some of the GC Mario Party games.