Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: new Peace Walker video

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

If like me you are excited about this HD collection which will let you enjoy remastered versions of MGS 2, MGS 3 and MGS Peace Walker, you will probably be interested in checking out the following video, a 4 minute long preview of what the game will look like on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

この動画は伝説によって翻訳されたものです。

Reactions: 1 person

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm a huge Metal Gear fan. I still have the original Metal Gear and non-canon Snake's Revenge NES carts that I bought when they first came out (actually, my dad bought them for me...I was far too young to have my own money back then). This one's going on my shelf as part of my MG/MGS collection, no questions asked!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
How does it look bad? It looks awesome!
Definitely better looking than it is on PSP, or have you guys not played it?
Peace Walker is one of my favourites, can't wait to play it

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Peace Walker is fucking excellent. And being able to play this with an improved control scheme is going to be great. I'm looking forward to this as I'm not a graphics whore but someone who cares only for gameplay.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I found the youtube link already and updated the main post.
I couldnt watch the whole video due to crappy speed, but now that its on youtube it should work better :)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe I've misunderstood the "HD" in the title, because I can't see a single thing that is HD in that game, maybe except the main menu.

Looks like Konami is keeping up with their new tradition of quick and cheapy ports (MGS:3D) just to cash on long-time fans.

I'm severely disappointed. I won't buy this.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
thats quite okay the trailer but i think it wont be a huge seller by graphics. maybe the game play may sell it but not the graphics at this point.
PS - costello are u from france? or shanghai? or do u live in shanghai but are born in france?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look much different from the PSP version but that's not why I'm buying it.

Online play is a huge seller, plus it'll be so much better to play this with dual analogs than the PSP's analog nub/buttons for ghetto dual analogs. Plus I get MGS2 and MGS3 with it so I can't complain. All with achievements and they're playable on my Xbox 360, so no more needing to hook up the PS2.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I've misunderstood the "HD" in the title, because I can't see a single thing that is HD in that game, maybe except the main menu.

Looks like Konami is keeping up with their new tradition of quick and cheapy ports (MGS:3D) just to cash on long-time fans.

I'm severely disappointed. I won't buy this.

This single part of that collection is an HD port of a PSP game. It's not a remake and can't be compared to MGS:3D. which is, you know, a remake. They just said Peace Walker would be in the collection. They didn't say they were rebuilding it from the ground up to be optimized for your $1500 TV. I'm sure the rest of the collection will look fine with some hi res texture touch ups, but it's difficult to just touch it up with a PSP game.

In the long run, you get what you get, and other people will be more than happy to buy this. It's the accessibility of Peace Walker and the online that are going to get people playing this now more than anything.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This single part of that collection is an HD port of a PSP game. It's not a remake and can't be compared to MGS:3D. which is, you know, a remake. They just said Peace Walker would be in the collection. They didn't say they were rebuilding it from the ground up to be optimized for your $1500 TV. I'm sure the rest of the collection will look fine with some hi res texture touch ups, but it's difficult to just touch it up with a PSP game.

In the long run, you get what you get, and other people will be more than happy to buy this. It's the accessibility of Peace Walker and the online that are going to get people playing this now more than anything.

I don't even know if MGS3D is a remake or a port. It looks pretty much like a port and I feel like if it was remade, it wouldn't have all these framerate issues and stuff that people are complaining about.

But HD touch ups usually never look too great. Ever play Perfect Dark HD? Sure, it looks better, but it still looks like shit. Ironically, I bought it for the same reason I'm gonna buy the HD Collection: online functions (aka multiplayer for Perfect Dark, co-op for Peace Walker).

Plus it's still 5 games, 2 of which are the special editions, for like $50. Can't complain.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
agreed, at some point I almost wanted to buy me a PS2 again just to play those games. (back then I played MGS2 and MGS3 and beat them 100%, but I never got around to playing Substance and Subsistence...)
cant wait for this, though I must admit Peace Walker doesnt really interest me much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D