OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azormx.elbruto.es
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi guys, I've been having a problem laetly with MGS PW, I try to play and it forces me to do data install, ok I'm fine with that but if I choose the small install it will stop working at the first cinematic where Kaz arrives, at the same point it always tries to load and stays there the whole time. None of this happens with the big install but 500 Mb is too much of a difference.

Anyone knows whats the deal?

onthecamelsback

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this on the legit game or on an ISO?

If its an ISO, its an AP measure. the game needs to be patched with the Prometheus module or you can upgrade to a Prometheus CFW

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mine freezes at the 2nd tank fight. iso i'd use the real disc version (yes i am a moralfag and buy games i like) but that wont even boot on gen 5.5
frown.gif
any ideas? besides updating to 6.3 official thats not an option since i am on ta 1.3 slim and cant make pandora. (running the umd IS an option, installing standard fw is not)

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
azorpatch said:
ISO, game is supposed to be patched but it really confused me the data install thing. Wonder why it freezes on the small install.

5.00 m33-6 CFW
What is small install? Data install is mandatory except the sound (codec) install. Patched iso should work on 5.00 m33-6. It might this "small install" or you get a bad iso, but most likely because of the small install. Just use data install normally, great games need bigger space.

QUOTE(loading @ Jul 19 2010, 03:40 AM) mine freezes at the 2nd tank fight. iso i'd use the real disc version (yes i am a moralfag and buy games i like) but that wont even boot on gen 5.5
frown.gif
any ideas? besides updating to 6.3 official thats not an option since i am on ta 1.3 slim and cant make pandora. (running the umd IS an option, installing standard fw is not)
You can do Jolan's suggestion or upgrade to 5.50 Prometheus and you can play clean iso (you need to backup your UMD first).

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
how was it patched?
open it with umdgen and see if it has eboot.old & prometheus.prx in the system folder.

azorpatch

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azormx.elbruto.es
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, it has EBOOT.old and prometheus.prx

I've done some more testing (more like testing random solutions but whatever) and couldn't get past my issue. 300Mb data install will now freeze at the first cutscene after tutorial instead of loading endlessly. The 800Mb data install gave me better results, no freeze or endless loading but after the first mission on the radio transmission it suddenly stopped. I wasn't frozen so I pressed circle and went through the conversation manually.

It's a bit odd, on every audio file on the 800Mb install it might randomly stop and I'm forced to go through the conversation manually. The game can be played now but it bugs me that sometimes the conversations just stop, I think I should try to get the Data install from the internet and replace mine, in case there is a bad install. Oddly the same thing happened today with dissidia where the conversation suddenly lost the voices, not the bg music.

Just an idea, I i renamed EBOOT.old to EBOOT.bin to replace the current EBOOT.bin and erase prometheus.prx, would I have the equivalent of a clean ISO? Maybe I should data install using clean ISO and play patched one.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
if you delete the prometheus and the eboot.bin,
then restore the old eboot, you will not have a virgin iso because the eboot is still decrypted and maybe patched.
also there is a chance that other prx's may have also been decrypted.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
loading said:
mine freezes at the 2nd tank fight. iso i'd use the real disc version (yes i am a moralfag and buy games i like) but that wont even boot on gen 5.5
frown.gif

Download "MGSPW D3FIX" and run it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi