Meta: The Only Fully Augmented Reality Glasses

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Will devices like the Hmz T-2,Oculus Rift,Google Glass, Recon Jet,M100,Telepathy One etc., will evolve to become the new monitors, phones, tablets and possibly even our laptops?

These guys seem to think so.

meta 1 Dev Kit- the first device allowing visualization and interaction with 3D virtual objects in the real world using your hands.

We were inspired by the interfaces in films like Iron Man, Avatar and Minority Report and wanted to make them a reality. The meta 1 Developers Kit has the power to finally deliver a natural interface between the virtual world and reality.

We are integrating customized hardware components and building a robust SDK (software development kit). meta 1 is the most advanced and affordable interface for augmented reality, we want every developer to have the opportunity to create the apps of the future.

Our partnerships, investment and timing have allowed us to deliver this hardware/software kit to developers for $750 and comes ready for you to get hacking right away.

:arrow:Source

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
so what makes this better than Google Glass ? (I'm leaving aside the 'slightly' unprofessional design)
I mean, in terms of hardware, everything that's in the video could be done with Google Glass in theory, as far as I can tell... right?
thanks to whoever will correct me :)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
so what makes this better than Google Glass ? (I'm leaving aside the 'slightly' unprofessional design)
They cover the entire field of view (Google Glass only covers the top right corner of your right eye's vision), it displays in 3D, and it has a 3D camera for depth/distance measurement so it tracks motions in 3D better, and can create the overlay effect without the need for AR glyph cards.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks kinda like the views they use in Accel World.

Honestly, this could be very awesome -if- they could get it down to where it could fit in perscription glasses as well.

I can't see AR being a big thing any time soon.

I can see AR being very useful in classes and directions, especially large hospitals or even malls.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
As soon as this technology makes its way down to contact-lens size (or just a small box in your pocket with wireless to the contact lenses) it's an insta-buy for me.

Seriously, this is the tech I have been hoping for many years that I would see in my lifetime more than anything and it seems we're extremely close to getting there. Give it 10 years or so and hopefully my dream will become a reality.

Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Oculus Rift seems cool and Google Glass is okay, but this is just awesome. The only thing I don't like is that they look so god awful I wouldn't want to wear them in public.

It looks kinda like the views they use in Accel World.

Honestly, this could be very awesome -if- they could get it down to where it could fit in perscription glasses as well.

I can see AR being very useful in classes and directions, especially large hospitals or even malls.
Yeah, it'd be great in classes, so you can cheat at tests and no one will know!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the latency will be an issue for quite a while yet. Don't let those special effects in the video fool you. Could be fun to have a "virtual holodeck" based on augmented reality though.

But then I think of those nuts who play too much COD and go shoot up their school. Give them a pair of glasses like these.....I shudder to think what someone with a warped mind might do with them. "Oh, but I was just playing the game." Yeah.

But don't worry, you're all safe, I'm blind in one eye, so those glasses wouldn't work for me anyway.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Called it.
Does this guy's voice annoy anyone else or is it just me?

I took a quick glance. Couldn't you just use a AR controller? :P Also, it seem like personal clouds are becoming popular, they can connect that too.

The song was kind of bothering me, but it's only because it seem for ever other Kickstarter I watch, it has that similar background music.

They cover the entire field of view (Google Glass only covers the top right corner of your right eye's vision), it displays in 3D, and it has a 3D camera for depth/distance measurement so it tracks motions in 3D better, and can create the overlay effect without the need for AR glyph cards.

Do you think the can use the Google Glass camera to track hand motion?

The only thing I don't like is that they look so god awful I wouldn't want to wear them in public.

Yeah, it'd be great in classes, so you can cheat at tests and no one will know!

Just like Google Glass, It's a prototype. They will refine it over time.

Yeah, because they won't notice you constantly messing with your glasses and the cameras on them.

But then I think of those nuts who play too much COD and go shoot up their school. Give them a pair of glasses like these.....I shudder to think what someone with a warped mind might do with them. "Oh, but I was just playing the game." Yeah.

But don't worry, you're all safe, I'm blind in one eye, so those glasses wouldn't work for me anyway.
Ar glasses don't kill people, people kill people.
Blame the people for not being able to tell a game from real life.

Looks like Google Glass is a better design for you.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just like Google Glass, It's a prototype. They will refine it over time.
Indeed. But with the amount of hardware that has to be contained within that thing, they're not going to be able to shrink it much any time soon.
Yeah, because they won't notice you constantly messing with your glasses and the cameras on them.
You'd have an AR app to display the answers next to the questions on your test sheet automatically :P

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I took a quick glance. Couldn't you just use a AR controller? :P
No, because buttons. Also, the controller houses teh awsum hardwarez full of megabits.

Do you think the can use the Google Glass camera to track hand motion?
Yes.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The Oculus Rift seems cool and Google Glass is okay, but this is just awesome. The only thing I don't like is that they look so god awful I wouldn't want to wear them in public.

Both look stupid to wear as well, but at least with this, you're getting more functionality. If I'm going to wear something that looks completely stupid, I want it to be the best product (Performance-wise) out of competing ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded