ROM Hack Messed up Savedata. Any Fix?

Binebina87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I messed up my Pokemon Shuffle Savedata on my N3DS

I still have a save backup from my O3ds (from restoring my Emunand after the Systemtransfer to the new system). But after dumping that save via Savedata Filer and putting it on the N3ds the game always says the save is corrupt (which is I guess due to it being from an o3ds)

I also tried deleting the game (and exdata) and copying the o3ds exdata to the N3ds. It still says "corrupted save". Sadly the game doesn't support the usual Backup possibility from Nintendo either.

So do you guys know another method of getting the save back to work? (I have a Gateway if that helps)

Reactions: Deleted User

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This game has an anti-Savegame-restore protection. Means everytime you save the game, it stores a new secret value in the NAND of the 3DS and the savegame. This value will be validated when loading the game. If - like you did - you try to restore an old save, it will detect that and will delete the save.

To resolve this issue, reimport your save with savedatafiler and highlight in the User-Tab "01410" (Its the title-id for pokemon shuffle EU) press R+X to delete the secret value. The save should load now :)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I've never heard of a save protector type thing like that. That's really interesting.

lil-g-gamegenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to do this with a cartridge game? i have Super smash bros. and when i try to import a save, i get the same error. i know that its the anti-savegame restore thats causing it and i would like to know if there is a way to bypass it?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're wrong. This anti-savegame restore is only used for eshop-versions of the game. The cartridges are unaffected and don't have this secret value
Source: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore

Something is wrong with your save you try to restore or you're doing something else wrong. I don't know how to import card1 saves. I don't have any cartridges to test with.

D

Deleted User

I've never heard of a save protector type thing like that. That's really interesting.

You really haven't heard? There are many games like Animal Crossing at eShop that have an anti savegame restore, but you can remove the secure value with Savedatafiler.

lil-g-gamegenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong. This anti-savegame restore is only used for eshop-versions of the game. The cartridges are unaffected and don't have this secret value
Source: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Anti_Savegame_Restore

Something is wrong with your save you try to restore or you're doing something else wrong. I don't know how to import card1 saves. I don't have any cartridges to test with.

its not the save, if i move the save off the card then create a save then move the old save back, it will have the same problem

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Like I said. Its not the anti-savegame restore. There is no official way to copy a savegame onto the gamecard, but there is one for eshop-games (backup/restore). That's why nintendo didn't implement this for gamecards.

D

Deleted User

Like I said. Its not the anti-savegame restore. There is no official way to copy a savegame onto the gamecard, but there is one for eshop-games (backup/restore). That's why nintendo didn't implement this for gamecards.

There are 3 ways i know to copy a savegame onto the gamecard. Gateway Launcher, Savedatafiler and Powersaves, but they are not official.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are 3 ways i know to copy a savegame onto the gamecard. Gateway Launcher, Savedatafiler and Powersaves, but they are not official.
You forgot NTR's save plugin.

Both the Gateway launcher and SaveDataFiler have their limits, they don't work for all games.

NTR however works with all games and all save types (card1/card2).

D

Deleted User

Both the Gateway launcher and SaveDataFiler have their limits, they don't work for all games.

i said 3 ways i know and i know Gateway Launcher doesn't work for all games.

D

Deleted User

You really haven't heard? There are many games like Animal Crossing at eShop that have an anti savegame restore, but you can remove the secure value with Savedatafiler.

It's because I've only really payed attention to backing up and restoring savedata for games on cartridges.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

That's not entirely true. SDF on GW works for all GW games. SDF on PastaCFW works for all retail games.

ZeldaFan101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game has an anti-Savegame-restore protection. Means everytime you save the game, it stores a new secret value in the NAND of the 3DS and the savegame. This value will be validated when loading the game. If - like you did - you try to restore an old save, it will detect that and will delete the save.

To resolve this issue, reimport your save with savedatafiler and highlight in the User-Tab "01410" (Its the title-id for pokemon shuffle EU) press R+X to delete the secret value. The save should load now :)
So I have the latest update to the system firmware and no gateway. How can I go about fixing my save data for a couple of games? I just upgraded my microSD in my New 3DS and now I can't play Pokemon shuffle or Pokemon shuffle world. It seems like it's a secret value issue and Nintendo couldn't do anything to help me... :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So I have the latest update to the system firmware and no gateway. How can I go about fixing my save data for a couple of games? I just upgraded my microSD in my New 3DS and now I can't play Pokemon shuffle or Pokemon shuffle world. It seems like it's a secret value issue and Nintendo couldn't do anything to help me... :(
nothing, all these methods require some form of hack to be running, none of which run on the latest FW

next time make sure you dont start the game again when switching from the old SD to the new one until after you have restored all the files to the SD card

method for seamlessly upgrading the 3DS SD card is
take out old SD, backup all contents from the SD card, format new SD card (backing up any other stuff you may have on there that you want to keep)
copy the SD card backup to the new SD card only after its restored insert the new SD into the 3DS

ZeldaFan101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing, all these methods require some form of hack to be running, none of which run on the latest FW

next time make sure you dont start the game again when switching from the old SD to the new one until after you have restored all the files to the SD card

method for seamlessly upgrading the 3DS SD card is
take out old SD, backup all contents from the SD card, format new SD card (backing up any other stuff you may have on there that you want to keep)
copy the SD card backup to the new SD card only after its restored insert the new SD into the 3DS
That's what I did but it told me it was corrupt. After trying to reLoad the data on the new SD card a few times, I went ahead and chose to reformat it thinking maybe I could reapply the old save data afterwards but to no avail.

Dvdek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone give me a tutorial to me restore my Pokemon Shuffle savefile?
I don't have Gateway, but I can have access to new Homebrew via Youtube and Ironfall. Please someone help me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please help me if you can, I don't know how to fix Pokemon Shuffle savefile. Can you explain to me a tutorial? What I will need and the walkthrough to do.

Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs