Hacking Merging ISO parts?

jakemaheu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, well I dumped my [legal] copy of Super Mario Galaxy [RGME], and now I can't figure out how to get them into one .iso file. I used Waninkoko's Disc Dumper and have it in 9 pieces at 512MB each. They are all .iso files. I've tried searching, but the only results are nitrotux's 1.0 dumper (which dumps in .bin, apparently) and some Wiikey articles.

jakemaheu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Do these in the command line.

For Linux:
Code:
cat file1.iso file2.iso ... > file.iso

For Windows:
Code:
copy file1.iso file2.iso ... > file.iso

I tried it, and it gives me a 41 byte .iso file.
WTF?

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait until it finishes.

tongue.gif

jakemaheu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Wait until it finishes.

tongue.gif

How long should it take, BTW?

Posts merged

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Sep 20 2008, 07:28 PM) Wait until it finishes.

tongue.gif

How long should it take, BTW?

xcalibardead

Trophies
XP
Country
Please can someone explain in a little more detail on how to do this. I dont even know what programme to run the 'command line with'. CMD? Im on Windows Vista BTW

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Vista too, so I can assure you this works...

Open command prompt (CMD)
Navigate to the location of all of your pieces ("cd C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\" or whatever)

Type "copy /b p1.iso + p2.iso + p3.iso + p4.iso full.iso", where 'p1.iso' is the first piece of the iso, 'p2.iso' is the second piece, and so on... and 'full.iso' is what you want to name the entire thing after it's pieced together.

xcalibardead

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help Guys on this! It Worked! Off Topic but does anyone know how to find out what region wii i have? E.G Japanese or US Wii? I live in UK Purchased Wii on Amazon. Realised i need 2 update my wii with the correspondin update to my wii region. Thanks

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
Windows is ultimate fail.
On the other hand, Linux is ultimate free and open-source win.

Open command prompt. Do not run a program with it...noob.

People like you really make linux users look like a bunch of assholes and don't help the cause. Not everyone is born with a bachelor's in computer science you know.

And flashing around a pgp encrypted link in your sig no one can use really speaks a lot for your character too. Not trolling, just calling it like it is.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibardead said:
Thanks for all the help Guys on this! It Worked! Off Topic but does anyone know how to find out what region wii i have? E.G Japanese or US Wii? I live in UK Purchased Wii on Amazon. Realised i need 2 update my wii with the correspondin update to my wii region. Thanks

go into the wii settings menu (where you set tv resolution/wifi/etc) and it should be printed in the upper right hand corner your version number (2.x or 3.x and a letter U-Usa E-Europe J-Japanese)

xcalibardead

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks again for the great Reply. Lol ... I'm sorry but last question. After i have brick Blocked my ISO and Patched the ISO with back-uo Creator, ImgBurn gives me the following error message when i try to burn the ISO 'Invalid or unsupported image file format!'. Any help?

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibardead said:
Thanks again for the great Reply. Lol ... I'm sorry but last question. After i have brick Blocked my ISO and Patched the ISO with back-uo Creator, ImgBurn gives me the following error message when i try to burn the ISO 'Invalid or unsupported image file format!'. Any help?

Might be an imgburn or your burner maybe, try clonecd or nero and see if it opens with them and let us know how it goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-