menu rebooter with 002 fix???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NeoRame, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008

menu rebooter with 002 fix??? by NeoRame at 2:24 PM (1,335 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. NeoRame
    OP

Member NeoRame GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    has anyone try´ed to edit the "menu rebooter" (not the menu patcher from waninkoko) with the 002 fix??? i have tryéd yesterday but it will not work, but im not realy a coder. the rebooter works fine after insert the source for 002 fix but i get the same 002 error :-(

if had anyone a working menu rebooter WITH 002 fix so please upload it ;-)

thanks and regards
    NeoRame

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Where inside the rebooter code is the main.dol loading? Doesn't it start the game from the disc channel and the disc channel does all the loading?

3. NeoRame
    OP

Member NeoRame GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    it start games via disk channel but it must use the gamma loader (it based on it) for loading backups... for main.dol i take a look

4. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Menu Patcher / Rebooter does not use any backup loader to load disks.

It causes the system menu to use IOS249 temporarily, and thats how its able to see the disks.

Though I am not sure how the 002 fix is implemented into the system menu or if it even is.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The problem is: all loaders have a very similar loop where all parts of the main.dol are loaded and stored into the memory. It's very easy to patch the main.dol at this point. But with a menu rebooter or menu patcher the game is loaded by the disc channel ==> the point where you could easisly add the 002 fix is inside the disc channel.