InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Always wanted to use that back in the day, except I didn't know how to. 😅

MPC-HC is more convenient, anyway.

It was more a DVR you'd use on a standalone PC with a remote control connected to a TV, if you had a TV tuner in the PC you could record / pause live tv. Was really good at the time with a quad TV tuner allowing you to record / watch up to 4 tv channels at once, Xbox 360's could be used as Media Center extenders so you could stream tv over your home network to any Xbox 360 in the house.

With the right codes installed you could play Xvid video also, which at the time was a very popular video codec for videos you'd find online.

People in the US could use a cable card to record encrypted cable tv also, which i don't think many other PC based DVR solutions could do at the time.

Today its all streaming services, Plex and so on. However back in the day none of these existed so it was a great way to record tv and skip the adverts.
Post automatically merged:

ICQ was the chat program I spent all my time on in the early 2000s. The best part was you could see the other person type in real time.

I also miss all the early file sharing apps like Napster, Bearshare, Edonkey2000, Limewire, WinMX etc.

ICQ still exists today, if you can remember your number / password you can still log in also! randomly discovered the other year I could still log in with my password from 20 years ago 😅

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good old Netscape Navigator!
Netscape Navigator supposedly turned into firefox in 2002. :o
Then Microsoft began shipping Internet Explorer with their Windows operating system. Within 4 years, it had 75% of the market and by 1999 it had 99% of the market. The company faced antitrust litigation over the move, and Netscape decided to open source its codebase and created the not-for-profit Mozilla, which went on to create and release Firefox in 2002. Realizing that having a browser monopoly wasn’t in the best interests of users and the open web, Firefox was created to provide choice for web users. By 2010, Mozilla Firefox and others had reduced Internet Explorer’s market share to 50%.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browsers/browser-history/

My random program i found by accident was "teleport pro". Back when the interwebz was a much simpler place, you could download a whole website to view it later. A quick google search looks like it hasnt been updated (maybe) since 2009 lol

Last edited by eternal,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MusicMatch Jukebox
3D Cadet Pinball
Oregon Trail (Apple IIe)
Solitaire that came with Windows 95/98 (Winning was awesome)
Pong Kombat 3 (Mac) / Blood Pong (Windows) - You can find the Game, just need the Unlock Key. LOL. MonkeyByte does not have the Source anymore.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda different, but I used to sit at my local bar and sink many dollars into this. Don't see anymore these days, but I always wished and hoped a "Rom" would pop up somewhere to make my own at home, but still cant find to this day.:(

• Wow
Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda different, but I used to sit at my local bar and sink many dollars into this. Don't see anymore these days, but I always wished and hoped a "Rom" would pop up somewhere to make my own at home, but still cant find to this day.:(

Probably need to inquire with the MAME Devs, if possible. How old is that Game?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably need to inquire with the MAME Devs, if possible. How old is that Game?
It was never on a console to my knowledge, but only through the "MegaTouch" table top bar game system that charged money per game. Its not that great or big deal, just memories, and I'm surprised I've never seen it since the 2000's.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was never on a console to my knowledge, but only through the "MegaTouch" table top bar game system that charged money per game. Its not that great or big deal, just memories, and I'm surprised I've never seen it since the 2000's.
Then that should be something MAME would go for. If it was a type of Arcade Game, it should be able to get done, maybe.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t they have it for android apk. Seems like a game best played on phone anyway

• Wow

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, i guess Switch OC Suite counts. A version with control over ram timings, clocks etc. was shelved because of you-know-what by you-know-who.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I've played this one several times. Fun game. Would be cool to play again.

Also this one lol.

• Love

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: