memory save error on new cyclo ds card

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by jessicarabbit, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jessicarabbit
    OP

jessicarabbit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    Since the cyclo support forums are down I did a search here but didn't find anything. I tried it on a game called What's Cooking and also Zoo Quest and got the error with both. I have plenty of room on my sd card (more than 250 mb) and I did format it with the sd format program before I transferred the games and my old save files from my R4. I have 1.54 firmware on it. Any ideas? These are both games that I did not have before and didn't have a previous save file for them. thanks [​IMG]

2. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    Any ideas? I posted on the tc forums but so far no answer.

3. budrow66

budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2007
    United States
    T.N.
    I would try disableing cheats and battery saver mode (if you have them on) and try again. It could just be a corupt rom tho.

4. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

Aug 27, 2008
    United States
    Cyclo DS Paradise
    try a reformat as ive never had a save error before

5. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    If I reformat should I just put all my saves in a backup folder and then reload all new games? Or should I just toss everything? Or just backup everything? There are a few I'd like to save (like prof layton-I don't want to go through all THAT again) but some that I probably could get by without saving.

6. jessicarabbit
    OP

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    United States
    Problem solved, I think. I didn't care about the cooking game so I just deleted it but I got a new copy of the zoo game and it's fine now. I also did remove some save files that I wasn't using (deleted the games but left the save files on) but I didn't have the max number of files so it wasn't that. At any rate now I can play the zoo game and save it. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice