Gaming Memory cards for the PSP

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just stay away from Lexar ones and you're good.
their build quality is terrible! (terrible enough that it is still prone to breaking even if you keep it in the psp).

I recently looked up prices and bought a sony 8gb mark 2.
its price was comparable to any other cards, and mark 2 is supposed to be little faster.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what to stay away from but I have had zero issues with a PhotFast CR-5400 MS Pro Duo MicroSDHC Adapter. (bough on eBay for next to nothing)

I purchashed 2 x 8Gb MicroSDHC cards, put them in the adapter - formatted with the PSP and been sweet ever since. There are 3 x PSP's setup this way in my house yet to have an issue.

Much cheaper than a 16Gb Pro Duo Card
smile.gif

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sdhc class 2 is pretty slow...i always just use class 6, as they're only a little bit more.
buying two 8gb micro sd isn't much cheaper than a 16gb pro duo now, as the pro duo prices have went down.
but micro SD is great, everyone loves how versatile it is (with the right adaptors).

i heard many good things about photofast. some bad ones too, though they might be from people who don't know how to format.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
thiefraccoon said:
their build quality is terrible! (terrible enough that it is still prone to breaking even if you keep it in the psp).

its price was comparable to any other cards, and mark 2 is supposed to be little faster.
i have a lexar 8 gb, still not broken after being removed and used around in 3 psp

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
thiefraccoon said:

i have a lexar 8 gb, still not broken after being removed and used around in 3 psp

you're luckier than me.
i had 2 lexar pro duos, and had just bad experience with both.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
They do. They both are essentially the same product. It's the quality of the product that changes the overall performance and life.

Nowadays, Sony MSs are made in China...or most of them are anyways. Sandisk and Lexar are still made in Japan.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Sandisks are faster, and information doesn't usually have a best before date, especially when it's info that's younger than the console in question!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-