Memory card class

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by issy12, Aug 29, 2010.

1. issy12
    OP

issy12 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2008
    UK Birmingham
    hi there, i was just wondering does the class of the micro sdhc really matter? And also what difference does it make? Do games run slower on lower classes? [​IMG]

Thanks

2. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    the class is only really related directly to how fast you can place files on it.
    however generally the overall quality with higher class cards is higher, so you might see a decrease in loading times for files/games off a higher class card.

3. issy12
    OP

issy12 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2008
    UK Birmingham
    thanks dice, i think i might just save a bit of money and get a lower class [​IMG]

4. Midna

Midna Banned

Banned
    Apr 13, 2008
    Albania
    Classes don't mean much now anyway. In fact, classes don't even apply to SDHC cards. Companies sometimes slap on a "Class 6" label on anyways though. Go for whatever is cheaper. You shouldn't encounter any problems.

5. mercluke

mercluke ‮҉

Dec 2, 2007
    Perth
    well my "class 6" japanese kingston (they are the rebranded toshibas, right?) has slower read/write speeds in my pc then the class 4 sandisk i used to have so i'd take the class rating with a pinch of salt [​IMG]

6. issy12
    OP

issy12 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2008
    UK Birmingham
    thanks

7. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    actually, the class rating is supposed to be a guaranteed write speed.
    that means if the kingston has a constant write speed of 7MBps and the sandisk has 10MBps constant write speed the ratings are correct.