Gaming Memory card class

issy12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi there, i was just wondering does the class of the micro sdhc really matter? And also what difference does it make? Do games run slower on lower classes?
unsure.gif

Thanks

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the class is only really related directly to how fast you can place files on it.
however generally the overall quality with higher class cards is higher, so you might see a decrease in loading times for files/games off a higher class card.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Classes don't mean much now anyway. In fact, classes don't even apply to SDHC cards. Companies sometimes slap on a "Class 6" label on anyways though. Go for whatever is cheaper. You shouldn't encounter any problems.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
well my "class 6" japanese kingston (they are the rebranded toshibas, right?) has slower read/write speeds in my pc then the class 4 sandisk i used to have so i'd take the class rating with a pinch of salt
tongue.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mercluke said:
well my "class 6" japanese kingston (they are the rebranded toshibas, right?) has slower read/write speeds in my pc then the class 4 sandisk i used to have so i'd take the class rating with a pinch of salt
tongue.gif
actually, the class rating is supposed to be a guaranteed write speed.
that means if the kingston has a constant write speed of 7MBps and the sandisk has 10MBps constant write speed the ratings are correct.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...