Hacking Discussion Mememenu

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is related to mememenu. It seems that the card dumper was implemented in mememenu. See "install title".
True, but mememenu's primary purpose is to act as a title manager which involves installing titles to the Switch itself. A cartridge dumper is something else. Maybe it might be best to rename the tool if it includes multiple features? As it is, the names are clearly placeholders to appease the memers.
the real question is, when eshop dumper?

the real question is, how do u know thats not whats already happening :)
Rather than dumping them from the eShop, we could just dump them from our own Switch NAND's. We can technically already do this with hacdiskmount and the appropriate keys but that's not very streamlined.

LightOffPro

ユキオクン
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hype indeed, who knew that June 15th actually had something to give.

I am interested on how the "install title" actually works tho, without permament CFW. I guess that i'm too used to Luma3DS, but can we even freely install titles like this without coldboot atmosphere? Will the titles "dissapear" if the console doesn't boot in CFW mode? So many questions about this process.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hype indeed, who knew that June 15th actually had something to give.

I am interested on how the "install title" actually works tho, without permament CFW. I guess that i'm too used to Luma3DS, but can we even freely install titles like this without coldboot atmosphere? Will the titles "dissapear" if the console doesn't boot in CFW mode? So many questions about this process.
That's very much how it behaved when installing non-legitimate titles on a 3DS and booting to OFW, so one assumes so.
I wouldn't be surprised if it tried to send telemetry data to Nintendo upon loading or attempting to launch an illegitimate title, either.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Those are still unique to your console certificate right? That's why we don't see eshop backups around as it happens with carts?
Well switch eshop works similar to 3DS' in that your ticket is console unique (except its more excessive on switch) because its got your console data in it and its signed. But signatures mean nothing if you patch secmon lol.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where would you get the .nsa files anyways?
If you're referring to .NCA files, they are packed within the .XCI (cartridge) or .NSP (eShop) files. However, dumps include the .XCI and .NSP format because that is the format the Switch recognizes to run titles. The .NCA's are useless on their own because the Switch doesn't read them raw hence why this method is really not going to be the backup loading method moving forward.

xenofly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rei, this is the last warning. If you not gonna release, i will kill her!
aljiYYi.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Materia_tofu, i have asperger and it makes me part of the (zx) spectrum +1