Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just Wanted to know if anyone Got the game and played it yet? It came out today In Japan. Its like about The Japanese Military or Government Sealed off Tokyo because of Demon Outbreaks and things going out of control. You make contracts with demons and things to survive. You have like a certain amount of days before tokyo is like wiped out. Its pretty good so far. Just started. Its somewhat of a tactical combat but a bit different. For EX. when you select your character and choose who to attack the screen changes and the monster is infront of you and you have a list of moves and stuff to do. I suck at explaining >.< pretty good though. For now at least. Here is the official website for the game http://ds.atlusnet.jp/index.html has video section perhaps that will explain a lot better than me lol

But yea if you played it so far let me know what you think of it. Is it good for you. or bad. or whatever. Just want to know the opinions of you guys. As I browse around I see no one ever mentioning this game, perhaps they don't know about it but yea :] let me know what you think of the game. Don't spoil also please. Not far yet lol

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Language barrier... I guess your kinda right I suppose. There is a lot of text and emails you have to read and such. Still Its pretty Understandable on whats going on and what you have to do next. Gameplay Wise its pretty easy to figure out. I wouldn't know if it will be hard to understand because I can read Japanese, not perfect but enough to read most. I understand though. a Game like this is about the story and whats going on. So it is kinda a heavy language barrier not so big tho lol. I agree tho about people not talking about it much. Its a game not many people outside of japan will play. Guess I'm in the minority :[

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it so far, but thats probobly because im japansese so I understand whats going on. Although knowing the language isnt so important in the game, since the cut scenes dont actually require you to choose correct things to say, and things like that. The only bad thing for english players will probobly be that they wont be able to understand what each skill does. because of course there are spells, passive skills that reduce damage or increase MAX HP, etc, and some missions require you to protect people/not let the enemy get pass a certain point. The game play I really like it. Ive been a fan of the megami tensei series from the NES/SNES days, too bad they put in a new way to gain monsters, I like the old way(you talk to the monster during battle, and if you succeed in persuading them to join you, you get them), this time you get monsters through an auction.
The game play is very interesting. Its a cross between a Strategy RPG and Turn-Based(classic) RPG.
at the beginning its like a strategy. when you get close to a monster and select attack, it turns into a battle screen and goes classic.
In all, it might be a little difficult to beat the game for people who cant read japanese. The skills will probobly be very hard to find online(translations) as well since the megami tensei series are very little known in america since it never came out due to religious conflicts(I think). Over all I like this game xP, Im on my 4th day right now.

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kennypu said:
I like it so far, but thats probobly because im japansese so I understand whats going on. Although knowing the language isnt so important in the game, since the cut scenes dont actually require you to choose correct things to say, and things like that. The only bad thing for english players will probobly be that they wont be able to understand what each skill does. because of course there are spells, passive skills that reduce damage or increase MAX HP, etc, and some missions require you to protect people/not let the enemy get pass a certain point. The game play I really like it. Ive been a fan of the megami tensei series from the NES/SNES days, too bad they put in a new way to gain monsters, I like the old way(you talk to the monster during battle, and if you succeed in persuading them to join you, you get them), this time you get monsters through an auction.
The game play is very interesting. Its a cross between a Strategy RPG and Turn-Based(classic) RPG.
at the beginning its like a strategy. when you get close to a monster and select attack, it turns into a battle screen and goes classic.
In all, it might be a little difficult to beat the game for people who cant read japanese. The skills will probobly be very hard to find online(translations) as well since the megami tensei series are very little known in america since it never came out due to religious conflicts(I think). Over all I like this game xP, Im on my 4th day right now.

T.T you're lucky! There is still things I can't make out or fully understand. Like the spells like you said for instance. I'm sure after i toy around with it for a bit I will get a better idea of what each spell does. It is moments like these I wish i was still taking jap classes lol. I never played the tensei games from the nese/snes. Probably won't be able too. Since it will involve alot of reading and i'm not that advanced in it yet : [ But yea good to hear you like it! I'm still in day 1 tho haven't played much today. x_X

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Music is pretty solid, though I'd still have preferred Shoji Meguro worked on it. I really hate the main character designs, too.

Game itself is good though.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nocturnius said:
T.T you're lucky! There is still things I can't make out or fully understand. Like the spells like you said for instance. I'm sure after i toy around with it for a bit I will get a better idea of what each spell does. It is moments like these I wish i was still taking jap classes lol. I never played the tensei games from the nese/snes. Probably won't be able too. Since it will involve alot of reading and i'm not that advanced in it yet : [ But yea good to hear you like it! I'm still in day 1 tho haven't played much today. x_X

Both Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2 have been translated into English, in case you didn't know.
As for Ibunroku, since it's the closest thing we'll get to another Shin Megami Tensei title, I'll definitely play it. After it is released in English.
smileipb2.png

Playing the (J) release of a story-driven game is something I just don't do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...