MegaMan ZX + MegaMan Zero 4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by theOtherGuy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. theOtherGuy
    OP

theOtherGuy Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2005
    United States
    Okay, I have an R4 and a EZ Flash V 3 in 1. I just started playing MegaMan ZX and read that you can access other bosses with MegaMan Zero 4 or 3 in the slot-2. However, I'm unable to make a save with Zero 4. Has anyone found a way to work around this problem? Maybe...if anybody knows where I can simply download a working save file?

2. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 6, 2008
    Indonesia
    Surabaya
    You can't use EZ Flash on slot 2, you have to use Megaman Zero 3/4 cart (you have to play it and have a save inside the cart)

3. Kaos

Kaos Good show!

Nov 25, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think you can. Most GBA-DS links should work perfectly fine assuming the GBA game is on the EZ-Flash 3-in-1's NOR.

4. santorix10

santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Rochester, NY - USA
    MegaMan Zero 4 uses EEPROM saving, though MegaMan 1-3 all use SRAM. Since the EZ-Flash expansion pack only supports SRAM, and patches all games to save to it, MegaMan ZX won't recognize your MegaMan Zero 4 save unless you patch MegaMan ZX... (And I have no clue if anyone has done that before...)

5. Psxphile

Psxphile Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2004
    United States
    Hm? I've done it before using the EZ 3-in-1 and MMZ4 in NOR flash. MMZX was untouched. MMZ4 was probably SRAM patched with GBA Tool Advance but I don't recall actually doing it (man, I don't recall a LOT of things that far back).

EDIT: oh wait, I might be misremembering here... before I got the 3-in-1 I had an old EZII PowerStar. You can pull it off with that, provided you flashed just one game sans the Loader software.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice