MegaMan ZX + MegaMan Zero 4

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by theOtherGuy, Feb 20, 2009.

Feb 20, 2009

MegaMan ZX + MegaMan Zero 4 by theOtherGuy at 3:56 AM (1,583 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. theOtherGuy
    OP

Newcomer theOtherGuy Member

United States
    Okay, I have an R4 and a EZ Flash V 3 in 1. I just started playing MegaMan ZX and read that you can access other bosses with MegaMan Zero 4 or 3 in the slot-2. However, I'm unable to make a save with Zero 4. Has anyone found a way to work around this problem? Maybe...if anybody knows where I can simply download a working save file?

2. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    You can't use EZ Flash on slot 2, you have to use Megaman Zero 3/4 cart (you have to play it and have a save inside the cart)

3. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    I think you can. Most GBA-DS links should work perfectly fine assuming the GBA game is on the EZ-Flash 3-in-1's NOR.

4. santorix10

Member santorix10 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    MegaMan Zero 4 uses EEPROM saving, though MegaMan 1-3 all use SRAM. Since the EZ-Flash expansion pack only supports SRAM, and patches all games to save to it, MegaMan ZX won't recognize your MegaMan Zero 4 save unless you patch MegaMan ZX... (And I have no clue if anyone has done that before...)

5. Psxphile

Newcomer Psxphile Member

United States
    Hm? I've done it before using the EZ 3-in-1 and MMZ4 in NOR flash. MMZX was untouched. MMZ4 was probably SRAM patched with GBA Tool Advance but I don't recall actually doing it (man, I don't recall a LOT of things that far back).

EDIT: oh wait, I might be misremembering here... before I got the 3-in-1 I had an old EZII PowerStar. You can pull it off with that, provided you flashed just one game sans the Loader software.