1. Miqote

OP Miqote GBAtemp Regular

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    In the japanese version of the game Megaman Zero (Rockman Zero), the enemies have blood splatter coming out of them when you slice them. This was removed from the NA version, along with some blood on the walls. Apparently this switch version is using the original source code instead of emulation - Assuming that, there's a good chance we could modify/swap the files the graphics use to "uncensor" (I use the term censor/uncensor lightly) the NA version of the game, right?

The Japanese version of the game (which is included) has the blood, so it'd just be a swap AFAIK.

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    I hope so. I am so getting Japanese version and European version. I am not sure if European version is going to have physical version ?

3. Miqote

Why are you getting two versions? The NA version (and assumedly the EU one) also include the Japanese version.

XXLANCEXX likes this.
  4. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    You dont get it do you ? ;) Art, collector's item and FAN since I was teenager.

I like two different title screens. Japan version looks better in art and they always uncensored it.

One will show only Japan title screen and EU will show only English title but change it to the Japanese version and I dont want that. Thats why I like both and I am huge fan of Mega Man/Rockman. I got both! :)

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Feb 24, 2020
  5. Miqote

Ah, I don't have money, so I guess I wouldn't get it.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I just play the japanese version, no I don't understand japanese Kanji, but since it doesn't require me to finish the game, then oh well. Lol :P

Honestly, I'm not that obsessed over a change like blood not being red especially since this is a game with mostly robots... why is it blood? Is it oil or something else anyway? I'll be fine with green... ooze from a robot. :ninja:

I don't know for a fact weather it isn't emulator or reprogrammed. But if someone cares enough and has the skill, I'm sure they will find a way to mod things.

7. karising

karising Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Press X on the Megaman ZX selection to change to to Japanese Version, replaced the files from the attachment DATA.rar to the directory : installed_game_path\nativePCx64\RZZC\ZX\DATA , to enjoy fully English subtitle with Japanese voiceover. Do let me know if you run into any problem.

Attached Files:

8. Miqote

Note that for the switch version, you'll use romfs\nativeNXx64\RZZC\ZX\DATA (for the post above) to use it with LayeredFS, but it should still work. I've been trying to get a blood uncensor patch working but the ARC files aren't extracting correctly. In addition, the switch version uses the proprietary opusNX instead of the PC OGG so the music mod doesn't work either and modding music will be very unlikely on switch -_-

9. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    I thank you but I am fine. I haven't purchased Japan version just yet. I am planning to. And I am not going to playing them at all. I am a collector of Rockman/Megaman.

Therefore, I already played them before and I finished them on DS a long time ago. So, that's ok. Thank you, thought.

ZeroFX likes this.
  10. ZeroFX

ZeroFX Eh. What?

Japan
    Lame, i buy all the new versions/collections AND 100% them all over again, since forever xP. But that's just me.

/ontopic
    About censorship, i've been exploring the game's files it seems possible, at least translating the jap ver seems feasible.

azoreseuropa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - uncensoring, Collection, possible