Gaming Megaman Zero Collections

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the EXE games to death - almost all of them (all except for the first one).
That's the only reason I bought the SCDS2 - to play this series again.
Though still, you can't say that the Star Force games were horrible - I think Capcom did a great job with them - the 1st one was really good, the 2nd one was meh, and the 3rd one was just plain awesome - probably as good as the EXE games or even better (online battle gave it a push
tongue.gif
).

Was quite disappointed from the remake of the first game - since it was just a port with hardly anything new to it... Capcom did a lazy job on this one...

Megaman Zero was quite good too - not as good as the EXE series, but still was awesome.

^BTW, has the game been dumped yet? I can't find it anywhere :/

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't dumped yet. And you probably shouldn't expect it till the 9th. The 8th is the shipping date, so don't get hopes up for it today. Stores haven't opened yet anyways anywhere. Earliest you could get it is probably somewhere around 10am or so... Who knows?

As for the franchise, it's pretty consistently solid. I liked Battle Network 1-3 and 6. 4 and 5 weren't very good. 4 just outright sucked in every sense of the way, gameplay, story, even music. Very unbalanced experience that felt like they tried too many new ideas and plots but all of it felt undeveloped and not used properly. 5 improved a lot of issues with 4 with a solid story and decent gameplay. But the liberation missions killed it for me. Megaman is not meant to be a SRPG, but even this made it as bad as possible.

Starforce had two strikes and a home run. 1 and 2 were average imitations at Battle Network that felt like there was very little improvement, sometimes there were serious downgrades. #3 though, wow, i really enjoyed it. Felt like they really tried to create a more unique and fun experience there!

The only other truly horrific Megaman game i've played is X7. WTF Capcom... At least X8 was better...

Can't beat original series, X, and Zero though. Epic games. I might just pass on this rerelease though since i have access to all the GBA versions and there's almost no difference here. I shall try it out though.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
RebornX said:
Megaman Zero collection Gameplay 1

Megaman Zero collection Gameplay 2

Enjoy!
rolleyes.gif
ZOMG IT LOOKS JUST LIKE MEGAMAN ZERO ZOMG ZOMG NO WAI!

Also that trailer was kinda shit at the end >_>

No one wants to see Zero doing the same thing in the same spot over and over until the boss is dead. That makes a terrible trailer to "excite" people for. Trailers are supposed to get you hyped for a game, not bore you.

But its kinda pointless posting those for two reasons, one being it releases tomorrow, the other being its a 7+year old series, We know how the game plays and looks, and don't require the reminders.

nugundam0079

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkmenistan
granville said:
It isn't dumped yet. And you probably shouldn't expect it till the 9th. The 8th is the shipping date, so don't get hopes up for it today. Stores haven't opened yet anyways anywhere. Earliest you could get it is probably somewhere around 10am or so... Who knows?

As for the franchise, it's pretty consistently solid. I liked Battle Network 1-3 and 6. 4 and 5 weren't very good. 4 just outright sucked in every sense of the way, gameplay, story, even music. Very unbalanced experience that felt like they tried too many new ideas and plots but all of it felt undeveloped and not used properly. 5 improved a lot of issues with 4 with a solid story and decent gameplay. But the liberation missions killed it for me. Megaman is not meant to be a SRPG, but even this made it as bad as possible.

Starforce had two strikes and a home run. 1 and 2 were average imitations at Battle Network that felt like there was very little improvement, sometimes there were serious downgrades. #3 though, wow, i really enjoyed it. Felt like they really tried to create a more unique and fun experience there!

The only other truly horrific Megaman game i've played is X7. WTF Capcom... At least X8 was better...

Can't beat original series, X, and Zero though. Epic games. I might just pass on this rerelease though since i have access to all the GBA versions and there's almost no difference here. I shall try it out though.
X8 was in no way better- in fact being a fan of X the first X8 was a huge turn off it was as if they didnt want to try anymore....

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was really hoping to buy this one locally, since Capcom's had a lot of trouble with European sales, but neither my local Gamestation or GAME stores are stocking it...

So instead, I'm importing it from play-asia.com, along with Tetris Party Deluxe.
Turns out with coupons, affiliation funds and store credit, I'll only be paying £40 for the both of them. Sweet.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@nugundam0079

I liked X8 a lot better for some reason. I just detested x7. Not that either are THAT great. X8 i found enjoyable somewhat though. Hopefully they make an X9 in retro style like they did with classic Megaman.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
X7 failed because they tried something new.
X8 was fine because it was essentially a 3D-looking version of the X series. It still played 100% 2D sidescroller. The only real big change was being able to play as Axel.
But it was easy to a fault. I liked the game, but there was absolutely no difficulty or challenge.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:

I totally agree with you. EXE 6 was my favorite. 4 and 5 did blow. ONly thing good about them was DoubleSoul. Red Joker and Black Ace were great games as well.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
to be honest though, i prefer to megaman, i rather shoot my x buster from far than to go up close and personal with any of them
smile.gif

As for me, i tried x7, but i just find it a huge turn off, maybe it's cos i am just too used to a 2D /2.5D environment but i just got totally trashed as soon as i realized the game would be 3D, X8 was a tad easier though.

As for starforce, i enjoyed starforce 2, forced myself to get through starforce 1 and got lost in starforce 3 haha, still i wonder is there a comic for the starforce series?

battle network had a manga version which i bought and still read to this day and it helped me have a rough idea of what's going on in the game.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, 6 was definitely my favorite (well 6 and 3), but 4 and 5 weren't that bad.
I guess it was quite annoying that to complete 4, you had to do the story 3 times - but it was quite enjoyable.
liberation missions were annoying (in 5 obviously), I must agree, but I really liked the Dark Chip Fusion concept (while in 4 if you'd use Dark Chips, your HP would keep on draining for life time - in 5 you could fuse with them - which was awesome
biggrin.gif
).

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I must admit BN4 was a little draining (understatement), but I honestly liked the Liberation Missions in BN5, I thought it added to the length of the game, which was what the consumers complained about out of 4 (which was having to play the same story or lack thereof 3 times).

BTW, i still never got to the special area in 4, and ive always been able to get there in those games...

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Escape said:
Yea, 6 was definitely my favorite (well 6 and 3), but 4 and 5 weren't that bad.
I guess it was quite annoying that to complete 4, you had to do the story 3 times - but it was quite enjoyable.
liberation missions were annoying (in 5 obviously), I must agree, but I really liked the Dark Chip Fusion concept (while in 4 if you'd use Dark Chips, you're HP would keep on draining for life time - in 5 you could fuse with them - which was awesome
biggrin.gif
).
+1 for Dark Soul Unison~! That was about the best thing in the game. I first liked the liberation missons, but they got annoying after a while, it became too much the same thing after a while. 4 was imo the worst, the only thing I liked were the Dark Chips. I think 6 was the best, with 2 being a close second.

Woesj, now I'll just wait to get MZC, cause the zero series is one of my favs.

nugundam0079

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Legitimate Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkmenistan
Did anyone ever try Megaman EXE "Network Transmission for Gamecube? I thought that game was difficult......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anything hello kitty related then
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Could replay Metroid, though. Amazing screen on this thing.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Or N3ds/2Ds