Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Keva said:
Never really played/liked MM games. Not to hot on the idea of paying for what is basically a demo either. No matter how cheap it is.
Which ones have you played (I assume you've played at least one since you said "really")

Megaman 9 on the 360. I guess im just not cut out as a gamer for those games
tongue.gif

Ive got the first Mega Man Legends game on my computer. Might give that a go sometime.

Are the legends game's different from the others?

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I don't care if they charge 2-3 dollar for it, it really is worth it in my eyes.
It looks really fun, and I can't wait to mess with things in the debug menu.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Keva said:
machomuu said:
Keva said:
Never really played/liked MM games. Not to hot on the idea of paying for what is basically a demo either. No matter how cheap it is.
Which ones have you played (I assume you've played at least one since you said "really")

tongue.gif

Ive got the first Mega Man Legends game on my computer. Might give that a go sometime.

Yes totally different.
The normal Mega Man games, Classic, X, Zero and XZ, are platformers.
Battle Network and Starforce are RPGish.
Legends are action adventures.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Keva said:
machomuu said:
Keva said:

tongue.gif

You say you don't like MegaMan games and you haven't played any but 9?
It's like saying you don't like games by EA having only played FIFA 11

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
M[u said:
ddy]
Keva said:
machomuu said:
Keva said:

tongue.gif

Yes totally different.
The normal Mega Man games, Classic, X, Zero and XZ, are platformers.
Battle Network and Starforce are RPGish.
Legends are action adventures.
thanks for the info man
i have played every battle network and starforce megaman but none of the legend ones
either way the promo looks great i guess even if it will cost 1-2$ i will buy it
till the actuall full game comes out

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll just leave this here.

QUOTE said:
“As it happens, it was decided that the prototype version of the game we had submitted within the company would be sold as a downloadable—“Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version”. Furthermore, the heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be greenlit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it’s a no-go. I don’t even want to think about that outcome!”!

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...-prototype.html

and one other source

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/22/mega-...ions-reception/

vandawn

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
BrightNeko said:
I'll just leave this here.

QUOTE said:
the heat and excitement surrounding this downloadable title would determine whether or not the full game could be greenlit. If hype is strong, the full title will be a go. If not, it’s a no-go. I don’t even want to think about that outcome!

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...-prototype.html

damn them this looks pretty good to just be canceled on the spot
but then again as an economist i could say that what they are doing its a pretty damn good marketing using us the "customers" to see if the game meets our standarts or not

future2014

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't think the game will be canceled even though they are saying it might be. I just couldn't imagine why Capcom would spend all this time and money on the game if they were going to out right cancel it. I mean, they already said the game is 25% complete so they are a bit far in the development. I think they are saying they will cancel it if you don't buy the prototype version so we the fans are forced to buy the prototype.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is very possible for them to be testing the waters. The first two megaman legends games put them in the red, and hardly anyone knew about them for some time. With that said they already canned universe when it was well beyond 25% (at least from my knowledge) So it isn't beyond them to cancel legends 3 if they don't think it will sell well enough.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, when I saw this earlier today, my brain melted. This is one hell of a way to start up the eShop launch with a bang. [Excited speculation]What else are we getting, a free credit and early access to the new Mario as well?[/Excited speculation]

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I read Capcom is up to their shitty old mistreatment of Nintendo gamers crap again they've been pulling since the N64 era on this game...err demo.

Basically they're playing the blackmail racket they did in the past. If you want this game to come out, they're saying it has to move a lot of copies when the 3ds shop hits to prove it's worth it. My guess is they're going to charge like $5 for it or something probably. If it doesn't move a bunch of copies they'll cancel the game and that will be it.

They did this shit with the N64, GC, and the Wii. They promise a game, and if it sells well they'll give you more. I'm not stupid enough to have forgotten or forgiven them with that lie on the N64 after megaman popped up, the 'Capcom 5' turning into the Capcom 2 on the Gamecube, or their we'll do more if you buy this on Wii too (and we get more lame rail shooters instead.) Fuck'em.

I won't buy their demo, rather call their bluff. If the full game comes out and rates well I'll get it, and if it doesn't I'm not feeding their tired ass circle of abuse since the late 90s.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keva said:
machomuu said:
Keva said:

tongue.gif

Don't worry, Megaman 9 is a difficult game.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've never played MegaMan Legends but this looks good.
I'm saving about £40 for the launch of eShop (probably buy out the store?) then I'm waiting until Zelda.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
New details

- select from different missions
- over 10 missions ranging from exploring ruins and battling Reaverbots to causing mayhem with the Aero and the Bright Bats
- run around wherever you like
- features hand-drawn scenes for the game’s event scenes
- loading screens will be adorned with images of concept artwork[/p]

Loading screen

008.jpg

Cutscene

004.jpg

Source
Source 2 (has screenshots)

I love the loading screens and event scene thingies. One of the reasons I love Tales of games is because of the hand drawn cutscenes.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
New details

- select from different missions
- over 10 missions ranging from exploring ruins and battling Reaverbots to causing mayhem with the Aero and the Bright Bats
- run around wherever you like
- features hand-drawn scenes for the game’s event scenes
- loading screens will be adorned with images of concept artwork[/p]

Loading screen

008.jpg

Cutscene

004.jpg

Source
Source 2 (has screenshots)

I love the loading screens and event scene thingies. One of the reasons I love Tales of games is because of the hand drawn cutscenes.
So the Loading Screens are gonna be sort of like Eye Catches?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1