Megaman DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by RuthieG, May 27, 2009.

May 27, 2009

Megaman DS by RuthieG at 10:15 PM (1,090 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. RuthieG
    OP

Newcomer RuthieG Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Everyone!

I am new to this site so I apologise if this topic has been discussed before.

I was recommended the Megaman series of games.
    I would like to know which one people think is the best, or which would be best suited to me as a first one to try.

I like RPG and RTS games, preferably not turn based. I like the games where you go around a level killing monsters and collecting items, then when you level up, you get atribute points to make the game's character unique. I also love puzzle games.

Any recommendation would be great. If you have any comments on other (non-Megaman) games that I should try please feel free to list them. (NOTE: I am not asking where I can get these games, just titles of games members think I will like).

Thanks for reading.
    RuthieG

2. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The main issue with the side scrolling Mega Man games in my opinion on the DS is they are full of so much backstory that the actual action and game play seems secondary at best.

Mega Man ZX Advent was probably my favorite.

Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure seems to have inherited Mega Man's almost impossible platform difficulty from the 8 and 6-bit era, plus it adds the entire puzzle game bonus. I recommend that.

I often think of Kirby's Squeak Squad as Nintendo's attempt to do Mega Man, especially the way the end boss fights of every level show up. I definitely recommend that.

If you like Mega Man, obviously you must like robots. And if you like Robots and RTS, Robopaclypse is for you.

3. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Well there is only 5 megaman games out in the us and europe. The Megaman starforce games are Rpgs like the battle network games on gba or you could play Battle network ds which is both of the battle network 5 games on one card for the ds. For action there is only the zx games which are really good imo, they play like the zero games on gba.

4. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    The Megaman ZX series was alright, but I must warn you about Robocalypse: although it's kind of fun, it's definitely meant for a 6-year-old in terms of story and graphics.

5. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Megaman 1-6 NES versions on nesDS (though I think I only played the first 3.) Does that count? [​IMG]

6. Uchiha Obito

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Hmmm... was this based on Pokémon? xD

Ok so Kirby is a good game for as said before and if you want to play Megaman on the DS you should try the Starforce... Since there is one nearby you could play at least one of the previously since it refers too much on previous games...

BTW have you triyed Twewy (The world ends with you)? It's a good game for killing (or erasing as you might say) collecting items and one of my personal favorites on the DS!!!

TWEWY FTW!!!!

7. RuthieG
    OP

Newcomer RuthieG Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the replies.

I think from those two replies (and more are still welcome), i'll try the ZX releases of the game first. I did have the Henry Hatsworth game when it was released and found there was too much to learn to get into the game and gave up on it. At that point I wanted a game that I could play straight away without learning what everything did. I may revisit that game if I can find where I stashed it.

8. RuthieG
    OP

Newcomer RuthieG Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok there was a few answers while I was typing, lol.
    I will look at a few of the games suggested.

@TraumaHoundNDS what is nesDS? Is it something to do with Homebrew?

9. Taedirk

Newcomer Taedirk Member

United States
    The ZX games are closest to Megaman in terms of gameplay. I'd avoid the Starforce games altogether and maybe go back to the GBA to try one of the first two Battle Network games instead. Same general gameplay but much better execution.

10. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    nesDS is a Nes emulator for flashcarts etc. etc.

11. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Bomberman 2 (Europe Only Release) is a fun game where you can unlock more and more armor types to customize your Bomberman on the terms of how YOU want to play the game, too.

12. RuthieG
    OP

Newcomer RuthieG Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks gokujr1000, I do have a flashcard, so i'll check that out.