Gaming Megaman 9 question

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K with the advent of VC hacking and such, when Megaman 9 comes out on the Wii since in all rights it's gonna be a NES rom(from the looks of it) will it be possible to extract it and turn it into a base NES Rom playable on a regular Nintendo emulator? Just curious, since people are able to take regular NES Roms and inject them and play them on the Virtual Console. Thanks
smile.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A damn good imitation, if you ask me. So far, all the visual aid we've had points to this being an authentic NES game. Hell, Capcom is even adhering to sticking with only four colors per 16x16 tile.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is being developed as an actual NES game. The second you see no support for widescreen, the second you know it'll be true ^^

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
A damn good imitation, if you ask me. So far, all the visual aid we've had points to this being an authentic NES game. Hell, Capcom is even adhering to sticking with only four colors per 16x16 tile.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is being developed as an actual NES game. The second you see no support for widescreen, the second you know it'll be true ^^

It uses some transformation technology that the NES can't do though, like rotation and scaling that is outside of the realm of NES capabilities. Some of the screenshots suggest this anyway.

abort_user

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually. the nes could handle all that. i watched the whole video. its a little sad that people dont know what the nes is capable of.

its an nes game. the problem: i doubt it is optimized for nes hardware. i highly doubt they will make an nes binary though they could in theory.

but who knows maybe the wii ware game will just be a nes romhack with an emulator inside duct tapped together.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
8 sprites per scanline rule is broken without flickering in the screenshots, and since the game does not use a blacked out leftmost bar to load the scrolling of the screen, it's not a NES ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Is there an adult version called xxx lol