Megaman 9 question

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by gblock247, Jul 12, 2008.

Jul 12, 2008

Megaman 9 question by gblock247 at 12:27 PM (1,249 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. gblock247
    OP

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    K with the advent of VC hacking and such, when Megaman 9 comes out on the Wii since in all rights it's gonna be a NES rom(from the looks of it) will it be possible to extract it and turn it into a base NES Rom playable on a regular Nintendo emulator? Just curious, since people are able to take regular NES Roms and inject them and play them on the Virtual Console. Thanks [​IMG]

2. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    It is NOT an NES game. It is a current gen game using old NES graphics. To put it simply, it is a Wii game, not an NES game.

3. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You'd be just as likely to see Lost Winds attempted to be turned into an SNES rom. If that makes it more clear.

4. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    A damn good imitation, if you ask me. So far, all the visual aid we've had points to this being an authentic NES game. Hell, Capcom is even adhering to sticking with only four colors per 16x16 tile.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is being developed as an actual NES game. The second you see no support for widescreen, the second you know it'll be true ^^

6. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It uses some transformation technology that the NES can't do though, like rotation and scaling that is outside of the realm of NES capabilities. Some of the screenshots suggest this anyway.

7. abort_user

Newcomer abort_user Member

United States
    actually. the nes could handle all that. i watched the whole video. its a little sad that people dont know what the nes is capable of.

its an nes game. the problem: i doubt it is optimized for nes hardware. i highly doubt they will make an nes binary though they could in theory.

but who knows maybe the wii ware game will just be a nes romhack with an emulator inside duct tapped together.

8. Sonicandtails

Member Sonicandtails GBAtemp Fan

United States
    8 sprites per scanline rule is broken without flickering in the screenshots, and since the game does not use a blacked out leftmost bar to load the scrolling of the screen, it's not a NES ROM.

9. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Mega Man 1/2 didn't black out the left bar, you know. Only 3/4/5/6 do that.