Media Play Extend wont play dpg vid

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by kylew, Jan 19, 2007.

Jan 19, 2007
  1. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    I have just updated my g6 to the newest version as well as added mediaplayextend. I can get media extend to play my mp3's great, but all of the dpg vid files i have tried have simply not loaded. I will select them and mediaplay will freeze. I have tried conversions I made with batch dpg as well as some I downloaded off the net that are tested working. Any ideas? Do the videos have to be in a specialy named folder or something?

2. Silent Viper

Newcomer Silent Viper Newbie

Russia
    I have the same problem when use BatchDPG 1.3b4. With 1.0 all plays normal...

3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Media Player Extend can't play movies encoded with newer BatchDPG versions. Try to boot regular Moonshell and play them there. Although I don't know if it's possible to boot regular Moonshell from a G6.

4. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    Does anybody have the link for 1.0 ??

5. kylew
    OP

Newcomer kylew Newbie

United States
    Perhaps I should drop media extend and go with moonshell.....Is moonshell light years better? Also can you acess moonshell with the drop down menu like you can with media extend?

6. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    you can't access moonshell through the drop down, there was a thread recently on moonshell vs media extend.

to access moonshell you go to the drop down and choose my card, and then navigate to the moonshell file.