Gaming mdf/mds to psp

Timpa

OP
Trophies
Website
www.almightyclan.tk
XP
Country
i got an old nice psx game on my computer, its in mds/mdf and is there anyway to convert them into eboot or something? thanks
sorry for the double trhead, got some internet problem and didnt thougt it woud uploud it

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here ya go. (:

In order for psp to play psx games, it must convert .bin, .iso, .img, .mdf etc... files to eboot.pbp. Follow this steps:

1. Download the attached file and extract the folder. Then run the PopstationGUI.exe.

popmj8.jpg

2. Using PopstationGUI:

pop2ff7.jpg

a) Browse PSX Image File. Then select your .iso, .bin (whatever the file is).

b) Now select output folder and set that.

c) Set your compression level... It is highly recommended a level 9 because psx isos take up a lot of space, even when compressed.

d) You can choose to give a game title. Or customize the eboot pics and such.

e) Then select "GO" at the bottom. It will start converting.

popgui2jh9mp0.jpg

3: Put your EBOOT.PBP in a folder (I recommend naming the folder the same as the game). Drag the folder to your PSP/GAME via USB.
Note: PopstationGUI should ask you if you want to do this automatically, PopstationGUI also puts the EBOOT in a Folder.

dragah0wj3.jpg

4. Exit USB mode. Go to Game then Memory Stick from your XMB. Find your game (should be first on the list) and load it.

Saving games
Psx games on PSP save just like they would on the psx. Therefore, you must use the same method the game would use for psx. For example, in FFVII for psx, you must stop at random save points placed throughout the game. Well, its the same case for psp. All Game will go in the SAVEDATA folder.

Deleting from PSP
Just do one of the following:

i) Go to the Game > Memory Stick from your PSP XMB. Find the file with the game name and data, and simply delete.
ii) Plug your PSP to your computer via USB cable. Go to X:/PSP/GAME (X = Whatever your PSP drive is). Find the folder with your psx game in it, right click, delete.

PSX Emulator Interface
Want to adjust some things while playing your PSX game? Well here are some options. Using the Home button:

Q: I want to change my screen size, this looks wayy to small to me. Can I get it double size? Full screen?
A: Yes, you can. Press the HOME button on your PSP and go to Screen Mode, and press up/down to adjust between Small, Normal, and Fullscreen.

Q: These button configs are hard for this game. Especially since the primary buttons are R2 and L2. Can I change them?
A: Yes you can. Press HOME and go to Assign Buttons. Press up/down to adjust between the different type of preset configurations.

Q: I have a manual that is attached to my psx eboot. Can I read it?
A: Yes, you can. Press HOME and go to Software Manual.

Q: How do i get out of this thing? I'm done for now.
A: Press the HOME button and Quit the game.

CREDITS: Go to Rinoa45 (from another board) who gives credits to "original author"

EDIT: Damn, didn't realize that this thread of his "double-threads" was the... well you know. The other thread has a semi-response to it. My bad. xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox