MC2SIO - Load PS2 games from SD Memory Card!

johsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got my Bitfunx MX4SIO from aliexpress earlyer this week.

Most games I put on it runs fine from my Samsung Pro 32GB sd but not The Simpsons Game.

If I stay inside the house to long the games freezes up and I have to reset the PS2. Anyone else here had this problem?

According to the compability-list it should run fine so I'm starting to think this is one of those samsung-sdcard related issues I have been reading about so I'm thinking of picking up a 128GB Kingstong instead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHxhwT4nSkrCCAqJNlSndw1Yeh_9g3eL/edit#gid=2095482473

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Bitfunx MX4SIO from aliexpress earlyer this week.

Most games I put on it runs fine from my Samsung Pro 32GB sd but not The Simpsons Game.

If I stay inside the house to long the games freezes up and I have to reset the PS2. Anyone else here had this problem?

According to the compability-list it should run fine so I'm starting to think this is one of those samsung-sdcard related issues I have been reading about so I'm thinking of picking up a 128GB Kingstong instead.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zHxhwT4nSkrCCAqJNlSndw1Yeh_9g3eL/edit#gid=2095482473
I talked to helder about my issue with Mega Man anniversary collection not working. And, he believes there's some compatibility issues among cards, because he can't run final fantasy xii, yet I can.

Reactions: zfreeman

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello stranger, where can one find the info in order to make one?
https://heldergametech.com/product-category/ps2/

it says out of stock, but from what I hear, it's because he makes them per order. So reach out to Helder. Otherwise there are clones on AliExpress that work fine. I made mine, so I can't actually speak to the quality of either of them. But, both products seem to work fine according to the community at large. The compatibility falls more in the SD card you use.

Reactions: zfreeman

gradius3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK, the Helder kit comes with specific versions of OPL and FreeMCBoot, which have greater compatibility with MC2SIO. If you want to use HDD, I would suggest downloading the most recent stable build of OPL from PS2-Home and updating a FMCB card to the most recent version. That should fix your issues.
Thank you!!! That did the trick!

Reactions: FloDoc

Davide849

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Speaking about OPL BDM3 beta, I have 3 ps2 (1 fat model, 50001, and two slims, 1 70xxx and the other 77xxx) and I was never able to boot up OPL BDM3 beta, in none of them. Black screen. I tried to cancel opl config files, then the folder, install FMCB 1.953, format, and install 1.966 (even the Helder files). Nothing. I really don't know what can be the issue. The only OPL that works fine with me is ifcaro 1.2.0 beta 1826, but no saves, of course.

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried different SD cards? That may be your issue. I know I had that exact issue and using a compatible SD card worked. I used SP cards, they work great and are usually a decent price.

Davide849

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried different SD cards? That may be your issue. I know I had that exact issue and using a compatible SD card worked. I used SP cards, they work great and are usually a decent price.
I bought a 128 gb PNY, that is compatible. I used an OPL version (non BDM, ifcaro) and the game were loaded pretty fine, but it was impossible to save (no memory card in port 1, every game I tried). OPL BDM, that is supposed to solve the saving issue, doesn't work in any of the 3 ps2 I have. It flashes white like every other OPL, but it doesn't start. Black Screen.
BTW i tried to launch OPL BDM3 without MC2SIO inserted, the result is always the same on all the three ps2.

Last edited by Davide849,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! Are there any specific pros/cons between a router and raspberry pi?

No need to learn Linux which can be hard for people unfamiliar with it, especially when it comes to getting used to using hjkl for navigation (instead of arrow keys) when editing text files. Hell, the hjkl stuff is something I still struggle with to this day.

Davide849

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've discovered that my 64 mb memory card was not original, even if it seemed so (it had the magicgate logo also). I used an original 8mb memory card and now OPL BDM3 works. Unfortunately I am having many compatibility problems and I will try with MX4SIO (I bought one), that is said to be much better. I hope. XD

FloDoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, right. I forgot to mention that. It has to be a proper 8mb sony MagicGate MC. I'm glad you got it figured out. And yes, broadly, this set up is far from perfect and has many compatibility issues, at the moment.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, right. I forgot to mention that. It has to be a proper 8mb sony MagicGate MC. I'm glad you got it figured out. And yes, broadly, this set up is far from perfect and has many compatibility issues, at the moment.
I have six games total, of those, luckily, only one doesn't work. it's my favorite game on the ps2 too, which is mega man anniversary collection. I do own the disc though, and I bought a new, used ps2 off of ebay a month or two ago, and it has a working laser. it had no problems reading the disc. not only that but the dualsense controller works with that brook adapter. it syncs almost instantly when you press the ps button. I'm in heaven. :D

Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr