Mayflash MAGIC-NS Wireless Controller Adapter for NINTENDO SWITCH & PC

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by t_jay17, Jul 20, 2017.

1. sleby

sleby Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Slovenia
    Yes, I have the same problem with both of mine adapters.

This is the last quote from mayflash support email:

Thanks a lot.
    We’ve noticed this problem here and our engineers are working for it.

We will post to our website once we find a solution.

That was 8 days ago.
    I've been in contact with them for almost a month and sent them videos and stuff. They are well aware of the problem, but maybe someone else should write to them so they don't forget:)

Yoni Arousement likes this.
  2. Rob Blou

Rob Blou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    The good news is everytime I wrote to them about issues, they were fixed in the next update so fingers crossed :)

3. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Just got one of these and I highly recommend it. I already had a Switch Pro controller, but I couldn't play Superbeat: Xonic cuz of the asymmetrical buttons. It works great with a PS4 controller.

If you already own a PS4 controller you might wanna get one of these. Imho the Switch Pro controller isn't any better than the DS4.

4. col2k3

col2k3 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2015
    Colombia
    Guys can anyone please confirm if I can for example use my own Switch pro controller as player one, and use the mayflash with any controller connected wirelessly as player two, or the other way around???

I already have a switch pro and intend to use the mayflash for multiplayer so I wont have to disconnect tbe joycons a ll the time from docked switch

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Use the controller menu to reconfigure the player order

col2k3 likes this.
  6. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    Yeah, it works great for multiplayer. It just registers it as another pro controller.

col2k3 likes this.
  7. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone on Firmware 2.3.0 got this to work on the Switch? I just tested on mine but the controls don't work? the dongle and the Xbox One controller light stops flashing suggesting it's successfully synced? I'm hoping its because I'm on 2.3.0..

EDIT: looks like Switch Firmware 3.0.0 is the earliest supported for the Magic NS?

Last edited by ploggy, Feb 18, 2018
  8. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Correct, Nintendo added wired Pro controller communication in 3.0.0

Yoni Arousement and ploggy like this.
  9. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Thank gawd, thought I bought a dud.. Would have been Pissed :P
    It's all good.. Works great for PC games for now ;)

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  10. RaphGamer1256

RaphGamer1256 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    France
    Blois (pronounced like Blwa), Centre Region
    If you want to connect 2 wii u pro cons on your Switch, you need 2 adapters.
    :!::!::!:
    because i tried out to connect2 controllers to this adapter but second controller works as 1st controller.
    :teach:

11. RaphGamer1256

RaphGamer1256 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    France
    Blois (pronounced like Blwa), Centre Region
    Last edited by RaphGamer1256, Feb 23, 2018
  12. BurleyBrawler

BurleyBrawler Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    Australia
    So regarding Switch Pro controllers with the magic NS on PC, it works for controls but does motion gyro control also work like it does for DS4? Reason I'd like to know is I've found out that you can now use Switch Pro motion in Cemu with some patching. The controllers are picked up by regular BT adapters as two devices when the gyro also works.

I'd really rather buy something like this than a crummy BT adapter that needs additional software on-top of the rest. Anyone know? Doesn't look like it without new F/W at a glance but here's hoping.

13. tronic307

tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    There's a new update on the Mayflash site. I don't know if that's fixed but we can use Wiimotes and Classic Controllers now.

TotalInsanity4 and ploggy like this.
  14. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    v1.21 Changes:
    1. Adjust the controller vibration/rumble intensity on the Swtich Pro mode (Purple LED).
    2. Compatible with the Xbox 360 wireless controller by a Xbox 360 dongle.
    3. Compatible with Wii Remote by using Wiimote+Nunchuck or Wiimote+Wii Classic/Pro Controller.
    4. Fix the bug that the LS and RS do not work on some third party controllers under the Switch Pro mode (Purple LED).

Last edited by ploggy, Mar 29, 2018
    TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  15. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    In Soviet Russia you're the Location
    So they ultimately changed their plans & now WiiMotes are supported, nicely done, Mayflash team. It's time to order a pair of those to test with my TvC Arcade Fightsticks, hope they'll work correctly both on Switch & PS3.

By the way, if anyone interested, just a couple of days ago I've mailed about PS3 support on Wireless Adapter to the 8bitdo team & their answer is "We will give feedback to the develop team. Thank you for contacting us.", crossed fingers for this.

16. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    I'll order one of these once the sleep mode thing is fixed.
    i mean like, if this thing works the moment i turn on my switch from e.g the controller, and i don't have to get up and push any of its buttons to reconnect the e.g (DS4) then I'll buy it.

17. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    Not sure for MayFlash as I just ordered it, but with 8bitdo you can use a paired controller as soon as your console is turned on, just press any button on a gamepad itself. I successfully tested this on Wii U Pro Controller & Wiimote+Arcade Fightstick, not sure for DS4 though. But obviously you can't turn on Switch through this adapter, so have to use an original controller's or console's power button.

18. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    oh no, i mean like e.g I'll turn on the switch with the joy cons and then while i have that mayflash single inserted in the dock, can i then just turn on the DS4 controller and it'll connect without me going up every time and push any sync button on that dongle?

19. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Maybe its really the console that doesnt support a wake trough USB... Using those nintendo switch cable controllers can you turn the console on trough them?

20. oji

oji GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2012
    Russia
    On 8btido Wireless Adapter it works exactly as you wrote, I've asked my brother who have Switch, DS4 & 8bitdo adapter to make a test & he confirms that - just power on Switch with a plugged adapter and then press a PS button on a DualShock 4 gamepad, no need to resync after the first paring (only if you didn't reconnect it back to your PS4).

Now I have to wait a month or so before my Mayflash adapters' order to come, if anyone already have it, share your experience, please.

leonmagnus99 likes this.