ROM Hack Maybe 3DS ROM translate available?

Wym92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Found this on a China video website, in this video, they made Professor Layton 5 show traditional Chinese letters, on a 4.5.0-10 USA 3DS.

Now, I am from China, pretty sure that was legit traditional Chinese letters. I want to ask if this video is real, because if it was, we can say 3DS has been fully cracked.

For your Chinese-understanding people, the original video is here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjc4NDU2NDQ4.html

Reactions: Schizoanalysis

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well, seems there is a thread on that forum about it (but it s in Chinese )
http://www.xinplay.com/thread-26397-1-1.html

maybe we will get those dragon quests translations some day ....
lol ;)

Basically what was said was assurances that the Chinese translation of a 3ds game is indeed legit and that it was only possible because of the hard work of their team. Also there is a bit of hang in there for things to come.

Perhaps translations are on the way after all.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Enjoy your lovely Chinese Trolling

small amounts of information can be easily patched with a RAM hack (e.g. how smea made different pokemon encounters that are different from normal)

If so... This might mean that there is some parallel development by some Chinese team.

This is probably a good sign as Chinese hackers generally don't give a rats behind about piracy.

Ziver.W

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Enjoy your lovely Chinese Trolling

small amounts of information can be easily patched with a RAM hack (e.g. how smea made different pokemon encounters that are different from normal)
The hacker who did this said this is realtime RAM Hack,once remove the SD card,the console will crash because the texts is read from a file in the SD card.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
This technology is the arm11 userland function redirection。(lt5_en.fa on sdcard)
This game Layton5’s key ,The last seven bytes is:
0xfe,0xc0,0x1a,0xdd,0x13,0x53,0x12

This is proof of our team(www.xinplay.com) for three months of work。

oh thats cool
i thought it was just live editing the text once its loaded into the RAM not redirecting a SD file

Wym92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This technology is the arm11 userland function redirection。(lt5_en.fa on sdcard)
This game Layton5’s key ,The last seven bytes is:
0xfe,0xc0,0x1a,0xdd,0x13,0x53,0x12

This is proof of our team(www.xinplay.com) for three months of work。

Wow, pretty good work, congrats, now I can expect Chinese NLP+ in the future :) and I won't mind to pay for it!

goyouwii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
forum.php

QQ图片20140306002002.jpg

After some days of research, our team(www.xinplay.com) can let the running game's screenshot save to SD card when hotkey(X+Y) is pressed.
so NOW,We have the High quality image which Chinese localization version.

Reactions: Celice

goyouwii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Awesome. Are you going to work on an emuNAND? I would like to take screenshots of Pokemon.

Currently, our work is based on GW1.0

We are Working to support the GW 1.2 or higher firmware,

And this feature(take screenshots) is currently only runs in this game Layton 5,Only to facilitate the get screenshot which Chinese localization version.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently, our work is based on GW1.0

We are Working to support the GW 1.2 or higher firmware,

And this feature(take screenshots) is currently only runs in this game Layton 5,Only to facilitate the get screenshot which Chinese localization version.

The way the translation works... it's it due to patching of the rom or patching of GW firmware?

goyouwii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
The way the translation works... it's it due to patching of the rom or patching of GW firmware?

Our team has two technical:

One is patching GW fireware,and injection arm11 code to game process,this technical can let game program read file from SD card, It is my responsibility。

The other one technical,is patch rom,It is programmed by another hacker in our team.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Our team has two technical:

One is patching GW fireware,and injection arm11 code to game process,this technical can let game program read file from SD card, It is my responsibility。

The other one technical,is patch rom,It is programmed by another hacker in our team.
Good work!

Are you guys a flashcard team or free homebrew team? If you are a homebrew team, any public release plans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: