the numbers are used in classic source menu only not in sourceflow.
Fledge added the "title" line just for the sourceflow. I tested the betas for him at that time.
I get this Abz, I'm trying to suggest that title=01 BLah is displayed before title=02 ahhh, even though "ahhh" comes before "Blah" alphabetically - because I added 01 and 02 to the beginning of each title. In this way you could take the [ BUTTON = 01 ] number, and copy it to the beginning of the title i want ordered first, e.g. title=01 Wii.
Do you get me?
<--- This but with a PC Maxternal, why? Cuz I'd much rather be using your delightful Source Menu Editor app, except it doesn't have support for sub-folders, well I'm using it anyway 2bh, just hoping to stir up some coding magic for the latest support lol
I agree with Spacepimp that keeping the ability to maintain button order is still cool, it makes it feel like nothing is lost and only more is gained by using SourceFlow.
I'm currently adding emu covers & games, and started on my source_menu.ini for some of mastershoes SM buttons then following the SM buttons of Mamule & Ayatus. I'm looking forward to messing with Sourceflow as soon as I finish my source_menu.ini.
<--- This but with a PC Maxternal, why? Cuz I'd much rather be using your delightful Source Menu Editor app, except it doesn't have support for sub-folders, well I'm using it anyway 2bh, just hoping to stir up some coding magic for the latest support lol
I'm always open to requests ... but it might be good for me to actually write these down this time so I don't forget them before I actually find time for them.
The sourceflow ordering I thing I understand. I'd just put add a button or a checkbox to automatically save the titles with a number at the beginning or something.
The other one, I kinda did add the subfolders ... but only on startup, I guess. Were you wanting it to be able to switch folders on the fly or was it something else? (I guess the closest thing you could get right now is having one source menu open for each subfolder ... but that's not exactly convenient)
Basically, how would you prefer that this be handled?
And within everyone of those folders I'll have a source_menu.ini and the icons of the corresponding set. I have it this way so that when I choose a theme, the source menu automatically corresponds to the theme chosen. Is it possible to have the source menu editor to let me look at the icons and source_menu.ini inside a folder I choose?
It's not a dealbreaker but more of a minor inconvenience, all I do is copy paste the icons and ini out of the folder and put it in plugins root to use your source menu, but it would be cool if I could choose where the icon & source_menu.ini lie together of course.
Just out of curiosity would it be possible to add a way to refresh the app w/o having to close and re-open it? In other words if I made changes to the directory it's looking in, I have no way of making the app recognize I created a new folder or deleted one, I have to re-open another instance of your app for it to recognize those changes.
And within everyone of those folders I'll have a source_menu.ini and the icons of the corresponding set. I have it this way so that when I choose a theme, the source menu automatically corresponds to the theme chosen. Is it possible to have the source menu editor to let me look at the icons and source_menu.ini inside a folder I choose?
It's not a dealbreaker but more of a minor inconvenience, all I do is copy paste the icons and ini out of the folder and put it in plugins root to use your source menu, but it would be cool if I could choose where the icon & source_menu.ini lie together of course.
Just out of curiosity would it be possible to add a way to refresh the app w/o having to close and re-open it? In other words if I made changes to the directory it's looking in, I have no way of making the app recognize I created a new folder or deleted one, I have to re-open another instance of your app for it to recognize those changes.
Sorry, looks like I've REALLY needed to update the link on OP for a while now. This version (with a plugin editor/PL4 converter, subfolder and emuflow support ... except for the autoboot(?) option) has been the latest version for a while now http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yb97ybeea6v9qr/SourceMenuEditor.zip
and was not on the OP
the other requests are good, too, though
Thanks Maxternal, finally got a chance to try it out, just wanted to let you know it starts off great and asks me which Source Menu I want to edit and even let's me create new ones, nice feature on that btw. However, once I choose the Source Menu I want to edit, no images or pages show up
Is there anything I'm missing? If not then maybe I can help u debug it So far I've only setup 2 out of about 4 different configurations so there' still plenty for me to do and try out with your app.
Thanks Maxternal, finally got a chance to try it out, just wanted to let you know it starts off great and asks me which Source Menu I want to edit and even let's me create new ones, nice feature on that btw. However, once I choose the Source Menu I want to edit, no images or pages show up
Is there anything I'm missing? If not then maybe I can help u debug it So far I've only setup 2 out of about 4 different configurations so there' still plenty for me to do and try out with your app.
Thanks for the bug report. I did some tests and I think I see the problem (now just need to see how to fix it)
If my tests are showing the same thing, the lists of available image files still show up on the right but the source menu preview in the middle of the window is empty. Is this right?
(What my tests show was that it's apparently adding the folder name twice when trying to save/load the source_menu.ini file so it ends up something like /wiiflow/source_menu/carbonic/carbonic/source_menu.ini so I'll have to fix that ... just wanted to make sure there wasn't ANOTHER problem to fix as well.)
Not home right now to check and be certain but I do believe your right, I know for sure that the plugins tab was working well, showing all the editable info (another very welcme addition) but again i didn't get to try it out since i saw no images i figured it wasnt working. I'll give it another whirl tonight.
Hi Maxternal, just wanted to confirm that indeed I can select any images on the right frame of the program and it will show up in the preview panel as well as choose a plugin type and add magic number. Seems that only the preview panel is what is missing when the app starts up.
Hi Maxternal, just wanted to confirm that indeed I can select any images on the right frame of the program and it will show up in the preview panel as well as choose a plugin type and add magic number. Seems that only the preview panel is what is missing when the app starts up.
Hi Maxternal, does your vectrex plugin support .bin vectrex roms and .art overlays?
EDIT: The temp went down shortly after you uploaded the latest Source Menu Editor, got to test it as soon as the temp came back but I never posted results, I'm sure you know everything works very well, it's running and performing great right now. Exactly what I needed in my life. Thanks again.
it's a modified version of this http://wiibrew.org/wiki/VectrexWii
so it will want the overlays to be converted into PNG format.
as far as I know, a raw ROM dump is a raw ROM dump no matter what extension you put on it so I'm sure it will work as .bin if the plugin INI has it show up and if not just renaming the extension should do the trick.
And within everyone of those folders I'll have a source_menu.ini and the icons of the corresponding set. I have it this way so that when I choose a theme, the source menu automatically corresponds to the theme chosen. Is it possible to have the source menu editor to let me look at the icons and source_menu.ini inside a folder I choose?
It's not a dealbreaker but more of a minor inconvenience, all I do is copy paste the icons and ini out of the folder and put it in plugins root to use your source menu, but it would be cool if I could choose where the icon & source_menu.ini lie together of course.
Just out of curiosity would it be possible to add a way to refresh the app w/o having to close and re-open it? In other words if I made changes to the directory it's looking in, I have no way of making the app recognize I created a new folder or deleted one, I have to re-open another instance of your app for it to recognize those changes.
I wonder if it's possible to change the source for the small covers to the same custom source_menu folder in the same way (and auto refresh the cache!)? - is this defined in the theme.ini? The coverflow could default to a 4x3 arrangement of covers, so everything would be legible, and match the source_menu. Similarly, The page turn could be 4 columns, and the titles can be ordered using "copy the button number to the title" method, and then hide the titles in the default coverflow.
EDIT: Thinking about it, this is more-or-less why there's a small_covers 'flow in the first place!
EDIT: Really interested in how the themed sourcemenu thing works out - where can I find details on how you're doing it?
I wonder if it's possible to change the source for the small covers to the same custom source_menu folder in the same way (and auto refresh the cache!)? - is this defined in the theme.ini? The coverflow could default to a 4x3 arrangement of covers, so everything would be legible, and match the source_menu. Similarly, The page turn could be 4 columns, and the titles can be ordered using "copy the button number to the title" method, and then hide the titles in the default coverflow.
EDIT: Thinking about it, this is more-or-less why there's a small_covers 'flow in the first place!
EDIT: Really interested in how the themed sourcemenu thing works out - where can I find details on how you're doing it?
I made a video showing it. I'm not home now so I don't have access to the link but after the Super Bowl if I'm not trashed I'll send u the link. if not sober enough to look at the comp u can bet tomorrow it'll be up
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...