Maximum mouse cursor size?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Devante, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Devante
    OP

Devante Crescent fresh at best.

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    Windows 2000 will display mouse pointers larger than 32x32, but I can't get Windows XP to do the same.

Anyone know of a registry setting or tool that will allow you to use cursors larger than 32x32?

2. qlum

qlum Posting when needed

Sep 25, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Pirate Homeworld
    I don't think there is a way to do that but why would you want such huge cursor anyway?

3. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
    Control Panel
    Mouse
    Pointers Tab
    First drop down box

Enjoy!

4. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    qlum: I don't want a huge one, but I have a certain graphic I want to use and it's something like 39x39 and the maximum is 32x32.

Ace Faith: I know what you're saying but I want to increase the MAXIMUM cursor limit, which is 32x32.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    Outside of programs that hook and customise the cursor (just for that window) I do not believe you can get them any larger on XP. I had a look a few times in years past when attempting to set up a machine for disabled types (although if you are going to do a search "accessibility" is probably a better term to be using) but never got that far.

6. naved.islam14

naved.islam14 Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™

Sep 12, 2009
    Gotham
    Maybe you can find a larger one on a cursor website.

7. Ace

Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2009
    Manhattan
  8. Devante
    OP

Nov 29, 2002
    United States
    This is what I was thinking too, and according to that knowledge base article, it seems possible for a program to do so.

I searched on and off all day yesterday but never found anything. Of course it could be hidden somewhere within the millions of sites/forums where people are simply talking about going to the control panel and selecting the larger cursor scheme.