max media dock fix?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Pandemonium, May 20, 2011.

May 20, 2011

max media dock fix? by Pandemonium at 3:20 AM (1,218 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Pandemonium
    OP

Newcomer Pandemonium Member

United States
    What if I could use a sdhc to cf card adapter to basically upgrade the max media docks hardware. The main problem with the max media dock is the fact that it runs off old hardware(Cf cards). So I was wondering if I was to upgrade to better hardware then maybe new games would work.

and yes i still use the mmd

2. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No, this won't work.

Get a real flash card if you want to be a software pirate.

3. Pandemonium
    OP

United States
    ok thanks for the quick reply. Thanks for telling me before i went and wasted money

4. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
    It's worth a try, but be aware that if it doesn't work, then the adapter is just wasted money.

I think it might work as long as you don't exceed 8GB.

5. Pandemonium
    OP

United States
    well i might still try it later. ill post a tut if it does

6. MSaki

Member MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    max media dock is upgradeable via software but only the slot 1 card (the launcher) can be flashed but datel never released a version with the option the mini site says "select the update scroll down and tap install to card" the support for roms was added by max overload latest being "Max Overload 1.61B1‎".

i don't see why there isn't good support the only games that do not work are sonic classic collection pokemon black and animal crossing for some reason. But every other game works fine.

7. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    No it isn't. And even if it were, you would not be "solving" that problem by using an adapter. The type of memory card in use doesn't affect what games can be loaded. It's the flash card itself that is the issue here (Although if you're not a pirate it's generally a fine card for homebrew. Although some recent homebrew doesn't work due to some changes to libfat or something)

And something like an R4 1:1 clone that can run Wood probably costs less than a SDHC->CF adapter anyway.

EDIT: And the guy above is wrong, MML (Max Media Launcher, the slot-1 card) can't be flashed, MMD (Max Media Dock, the slot-2 card) can. But it is completely unnecessary as it'll just load whatever you have as "bootme.nds" on the root of the card - I use MenuDO personally. (I guess the fact that is was unnecessary is the main reason why it never featured in an update. That and the fact there only was about one update and it was fairly useless)

8. MSaki

Member MSaki GBAtemp Regular

United States
    eh everyone is so specific...max media dock is old it make dstt look like god >_>