Matte black shell for NDSL?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ChaosTheorySD, Apr 8, 2010.

Apr 8, 2010
  1. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Does anybody make matte black cases for the NDSL, similar to the standard DSi ones? Both my Macbook and guitar have that finish, so it would be cool for my DS to match (without having to buy a DSi, anyway).

2. Diosoth

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The "crimson red" model is matte black totally with the exception of the top lid which is painted over in metallic red(it's not cast, just painted). You might have to buy one of those kits and use a "safe" paint removal method(leaving it soaking in rubbing alcohol for a day or 2 might do the job). Or you'll get lucky and find a kit you need, they tend to make them in non-official colors.

3. drag0nzord

Newcomer drag0nzord Advanced Member

United States
    the xcm hyper gear lite is matte black.

4. ChaosTheorySD
    OP

Member ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ooh, that one is nice. I don't really want to deal with all the overclocking stuff though. I just want a simple case. Do they sell the shell by itself?

5. drag0nzord

Newcomer drag0nzord Advanced Member

United States
    no they do not. ill keep looking but you are not actually required to hook up all the overclocking stuff. although it would kinda be a waste of money if you didnt.

6. ufotrash

Member ufotrash GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also...I haven't really seen these much anymore, but they MUST be out there still...

but if you can find a good replication of the limited edition Honeyee x fragment DS Lite shell, that one is matte as well.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like. Its black on top and on bottom and white inside. But if your DS lite is already black, you can use the inside parts of your original DS anyway. The hinge is white too. But yeah, I'm with ya, a DS lite that's nice quality and matte all over would be pretty darn nice. It always bugged me that the metallic red and navy DS's are only matte ones...and it's only on the bottom half.

7. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    gloss black DS lite + sandpaper = matt black ds lite

just make sure you take the case off first, and you may want to do it with fine wet and dry paper rather than sandpaper.